Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • V.dull – iPhone dashboard adapter for Garmin mount
  • munkster
    Free Member

I’m not sure I can even finish typing this it is so dull but I’ll forge on. Is it possible to get an iPhone (6 since you ask) adapter to clip onto the ball socket of a Garmin dash mount?

What I have is something like below however I am increasingly just using Google Maps for navigation and the cheap windscreen mounts for phones are usually rubbish IME. Edit: I *have* tried looking for one but my Google/eBay/Amazon-fu has failed me.

TIA!

CountZero

I doubt it, but you could buy a couple of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201428609555?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    for probably what a Garmin mount would cost.
    Someone on here recommended one like it, I bought two in case I left one in a delivery car, which is what happened to my twenty quid Anker one.
    It’s really very good, it sticks to the screen like a limpet, there’s barely any wobble, and it happily holds my iPhone 6+ in its Otterbox case.
    Really, an absolute bargain.

nealglover
    Free Member

No idea about the Garmin mount. But if you don’t find one, I would recommend a vehicle specific Brodit mount.

They are excellent and fit perfectly. I’ve used them in my last 5 vehicles and they are always perfect.

Can’t stand the “universal” ones that wobble about and don’t really fit anything properly.

CountZero

Can’t stand the “universal” ones that wobble about and don’t really fit anything properly.

There’s nothing wrong with the mount I posted up, it gets used every day being swapped between two or three different vehicles a day, as part of my driving job, and there’s only the tiniest amount of wobble; in any case, if you’re driving properly you’re only glancing at the thing from time to time, so a slight, occasional wobble is meaningless. It grips my phone perfectly, it’s possibly the best mount for stability and ease of use I’ve come across, and for less than two quid, well, who can complain about that?

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s great. I’ve always used brodit and they are great too.

allthegear
    Free Member

Brodit are simple to fit and always seem to be just right. Can’t see the point in even investigating anything else, tbh.

Fitting the Brodit kit in my current car took about two minutes.

Rachel

munkster
    Free Member

Many thanks to those who answered my Q, will investigate 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘V.dull – iPhone dashboard adapter for Garmin mount’ is closed to new replies.