Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • vauxhall vectra c cdti 1.9 discs and pads?
  • barty81
    Free Member

bit of advice needed really! by the sound of things i’m going to need my brakes replaced on my vectra fairly soon. funds are limited, so i’m looking at getting it done as cheap as possible. i’ve seen a full set on ebay, will these be ok? or should i stay clear. also should i go for vented or not bother, im not exactly a speed freak.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-VECTRA-C-SIGNUM-1-9CDTI-SRI-150-2002-08-FRONT-REAR-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-/220488085679?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33561d30af

how much am i looking at for labour? i know ats staff like a bit of cash in the hand, would they be a good bet?
    sorry but im a bit of noob when it comes to cars and your advice would be appreciated greatly

BobaFatt
    Free Member

http://www.eurocarparts.com/

Basically, don’t piss about with the one thing that will slow down a car from 60 miles an hour if you don’t know what you’re doing

andrewh
    Free Member

Don’t know about Vectras but my old car had 3 different diameters and 4 thicknesses to choose from. If buying on the internet choose carefully!
    On the bright side most LCSs are quite happy to fit stuff sourced elsewhere (although not guarentee it)

andyl
    Free Member

if buying the parts then sign up to eurocarparts as they regularly have 25 to 31% sales on and they sell Pagid discs and pads which I can recommend having just fitted them all round to one of my cars. Pretty much unbeatable with 31% off.

Other than that if you have a GSF near you then pop in and see if they will give you a 10% discount card or try buypartsby as they do mintex pads. Not sure what brand the discs are (possibly QH) but it is still safer than buying from ebay if no brands are shown.

edit: currently 25% off at eurocarparts if you use the code parts25

oh and if you have a branch near you then you can return anything wrong to the branch and they normally have dimensions and diagrams for you to check.

martinxyz
    Free Member

and my car has 3-4 different brake pads (front) with 2 sets the same shape but different thicknesses.

Online this would be a pain and very expensive returning stuff. I would buy locally. You’ll be amazed at how cheap they’ll be from the motor factors.

My discs were £80 a pair a few years ago (vented) but last month they were only £60. Pads were around £20. You’ll be £20 postage returning the wrong discs!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘vauxhall vectra c cdti 1.9 discs and pads?’ is closed to new replies.