Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vauxhall mokka flex fit bike rack……..
  • raincloud
    Free Member

Does anyone have some real world experience on this integrated rack.

Looking at new motors and this seems like a good solution to my specific needs. Will a downhill bike fit on it? Or is it only for halfords specials?

Any opinions gratefully received.

hainman
    Free Member

Not used this but my mate similar rack on his Corsa and being same car company I assume same design.Worked ok after we Sussed out that you needed to get the part that held the crank arm in tight and locked,We drove with 4k of bikes that were hanging a bit scarily on the rack.Once we sorted that it was a great rack

chojin
    Free Member

it was a great rack

huh huh hur

matt_outandabout

We looked at a car with one on. It is under the car, and made me think that a couple of winters worth of crap and salt would mean that the various links, springs and tighteners may not survive too well…

simmy
    Free Member

Like Matt said, I’m sure I’ve heard about the Corsa racks seizing up if not used regular.

Superficial
    Free Member

I like the idea, and probably would use it, but they only come attached to Vauxhalls. Ewww.

raincloud
    Free Member

Thanks for replies guys.

May have to head up to the local stealers and have a good look.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My gf has one on her 57 plate corsa. It’s been used twice maybe in that time and although it comes out very grubby it’s never seized or anything. I just had trouble making a long travel bike work in it.

angeldust
    Free Member

I’ve had the misfortune of having a mokka hire car for work trips a couple of times. My expectations were very low, and I guess it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting, but overall it was still awful. the integrated bike rack does not make up for the rest of the cars failings. There are much better options. Just get a separate tow bar mounted rack, which you can still use when you change cars imo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall mokka flex fit bike rack……..’ is closed to new replies.