Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vauxhall Meriva Diesel – anyone got one?
  • Nickquinn293
    Free Member

I am downsizing from my much loved Mondeo (2 litre petrol – total guzzler) and fancy a change from an economy point of view – had a look at the diesel Meriva and it looks quite good – anyone got one and if so how is it?

robbo1234biking

Which diesel engine are you talking about? the 1.3 or the 1.7? The 1.3 is a very good engine but may be a little underpowered if you have a full load especially going from a 2.0 mondeo. Im not a huge van of the 1.7 diesel it is an old technolgy isuzu unit and not one of the better diesels around in my opinon. As far as the car goes it is based on a corsa essentially so not bad at all and fairly spacious for a small family car.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Cheers – yeah, the 1.3 – really not fussed about being underpowered anymore – I am due a tweed cap & string back driving gloves anyday

robbo1234biking

In that case the 1.3 is a good choice! You talking new uy or second hand? Get a test drive with a dealer and see how the engine is

flipiddy
    Free Member

If you are thinking of new have a look at the latest Honda Jazz. Incredible amount of space on offer for the size, like a tardis. The overall design is really impressize. Fuel economy is also very very good at 53mpg combined for a petrol 1.4! Smooth but not a driver's car. You won't be chucking it around corners…

Other than that I couldn't find fault.

Mackem

I've just got a 1.3 one. So far been great, it's never felt underpowered to me, but I aint a boy racer. It's economical, bike goes in without wheels off, it's comfortable on the motorway. CD player is shite mind.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Cheers folks – all noted!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall Meriva Diesel – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.