Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vauxhall Frontera
  • flip
    Free Member

Are they any good?, some real bargins to be had on ebay if they are.

Anyone got one?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

We just got rid of ours, basic but functional however they’re got some “creative” electrics. Only got rid because spares are starting to become very scarce – we had an mot advisory last year which we couldn’t source the parts to fix even trawling scrapyards etc.

3.2 v6 wasn’t particularly economical either!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I just bought a 2.2 dti rs sport frontera b for 1k even with the snow on the floor

Really needed A car now but everything i drove was showing signs of ” im selling because its knackered”

My mechanic put me in touch with a widow whos husband had use my mechanic for all his work on it.

87k , quite perky engine for the size of it , rwd and the 4wd actually works when you need it to , its a vacumm activated push button system and the lo ratio works too.

I reckoned at the price with its history and its low miles for a diesel ( vectra engine) it was worth a punt.

I wouldnt go out purposfully looking for one – they are shite but ive been surprised by how car like this is to drive – comparing to my defender and my disco here ……Its still a crashy 4×4 but inside its comfy.I dont how ever expect the frontera to last but its a stopgap for me after our golf blew up spectacular.

From what ive read my models prone to vacumn faults on the boost system and the rear diff is soft although from what iread on frontera forums alot of that is to do with fuds driving it on the road in 4wd as its a 4wd car ….

All said – a cars a cars a car and until it starts to cost me money ill keep using it.

grim168
    Free Member

Mates on his second. Both been gassed. He loves ’em

bigyinn
    Free Member

They’re they only 4×4 to make it up Snowdon (well 200 yards short). Make of that what you will.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye tells me they are usually owned by idiots.

I wont be changing that stereo type 🙂

CountZero

I heard a rumbly engine behind me walking home tonight, and it was a Frontiera with a very fruity sounding motor, some serious rubber, and slightly jacked suspension. Looked pretty nifty.
    I remember a TV program that involved several cars driving across Russia to America via the Bering Strait. In winter. Across the ice. They used Frontieras, IIRC, and did the whole thing successfully.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall Frontera’ is closed to new replies.