Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Vauxhall Combo 2008 1.7cdti – tell me about them
  • rooney
    Free Member

Local garage 500 m from my house has one in and my estate has gone to car heaven today . Thinking this is my new bike transport and hopefully emergency sleep in vehicle …

Tell me about them ?

rooney
    Free Member

For got 58 plate 48k on click and £2300 was mentioned with my car as scrap

timberjack
    Free Member

I have had 5 combo,s over the years and currently have one of the new shape ones basically a re badged fFiat which has been a bit of bother but basically good van however I never had a 1.7 my last one was a 1.3 cdti 57 plate which was a good van and it went really well so the 1.7 should be good, only issues I had was a water pump and an alternator belt

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

Could be a tad small if you had a large estate, its a Corsa from the B pillar forwards.

DickBarton

Is the 1.7 the Isuzu diesel? If so, I think they are meant to be very good engines.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I would go with the 1.3 CDTi if there’s a choice. Had one for the last 4 years or so. Went to numerous races and events in it, slept in it and it was brilliant. Clocked up 35k in it, used and abused, serviced once a year, 50+mpg and surprisingly pokey with it. People were always surprised when you told them it was only a 1.3

phead
    Free Member

I had the same engine in an astra, its okay, if a little gutless in 6th gear.

PePPeR

The 1.7 generally has EGR issues, but nothing insurmountab;e.

FOG

A friend uses one that is his firms hack and has done 150000 unloved miles without major work. So reliable then.

skiprat
    Free Member

I have the 1.3cdti in a works astravan. Engine has been solid and has approx 148000 on it. Split a water pipe monday morning but other than that, thats been it.

Did have some bearings replaced in the gearbox at about 120000. Was told Vauxhall make the originals out of cheese and is a common problem on the 6 speed box. Get a whirring sound and its not the wheel bearings. Gearbox man said happens above 60000 but saying that my wife had 6sp astra car with 90000 on the clock and that was ok.

Fuel wise my van will do 600+ miles to a tank.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall Combo 2008 1.7cdti – tell me about them’ is closed to new replies.