Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • VAUXHALL ampera 235MPG, petrol prices 1.50 ltr, is there some kind
  • konabunny
    Free Member

the batteries only have a life span of around 7 years and cost £12k to replace.

Eh? Are you talking about the Ampera (which hasn’t come out yet so I’m not sure where you get the lifespan and future cost figures from) or the Prius (for which your ‘data’ is utter nonsense).

When they start producing one that looks as timeless as a 911 with decent performance to boot ill be interested. Sadly I can’t ever see myself having 30+ thousand to spend on a car

So an ultra-efficient, high performance car that looks as good as a 911 and costs less than 30 grand? You don’t ask for much! 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

If you’re going to look at power stations, don’t you also need to factor in how much energy is used to actually get the petrol to the pumps too?

Sandwich

Interesting car the Ampera, achieved 37miles on battery during 62mile journey. Used 0.7gal of fuel driving like a loon so that’s ‘87.9mpg’

That’s some dodgy maths there. 62-37=25 miles run on petrol. This equates to 37mpg which is not stunning.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

This equates to 37mpg which is not stunning

Unless it was also recharging a flat battery at the same time. See, I’d want some control over how much battery it used vs how much petrol. If for example you knew you were going to finish your journey in a city you’d want to save all your battery power for then.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘VAUXHALL ampera 235MPG, petrol prices 1.50 ltr, is there some kind’ is closed to new replies.