Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vauxhall
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Anyone had the egr valve replaced or fixed. It looks like it’s leaking and is the cause of the car emptying its coolant every few days.
    I’ve heard Vauxhall charge £1500 for parts and labour.
    How much from a local garage for the work roughly?
    Car is a 2011 Vauxhall Insignia SRI 2.0 diesel.

jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone had the egr valve replaced or fixed.

yes, mine went wrong causing the car to hesitate and then refuse to move at all. My local garage charged about £350 I think. Once they’d fixed that a Service Warning Light came on, which they couldn’t track. Went to Vauxhall dealer who traced it to a faulty glow-plug which they replaced for £130.

This was for an Astra. I wasn’t loosing coolant with mine, I think the valve was just locked open (or closed, which ever way around it was).

Have a look at this site. http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/bookaservice.html

You can choose the work at the see the cost up front and then book it in.

trail_rat
    Free Member

unlikely to be the EGR if its leaking coolant but could be the EGR cooler. Different things – if you go in asking for an EGR an EGR and a price to match you will get .

the EGR cooler shouldnt be too pricy – its a Vauxhall standard problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It still runs perfectly well. Just drinks fluid. And seems to be leaking around the egr area. Only warning light we get is coolant level low.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

It will be the egr vacuum tank the part is about £30 but the labour is 2-3 hours
    It’s quite a common water leak

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall’ is closed to new replies.