Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vat on a refurbed mac book pro?
  • zippykona

If I buy one for the shop from Apple will there be Vat I can claim back?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Depends if you are vat registered I guess? Yes, Apple will charge vat though.

zippykona

That’s good I thought I read somewhere that second hand goods were vat exempt.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSmith
    Free Member

Yes there is vat. I always buy the refurbs and often they are brand new and just old inventory not refurbished. The only mac I have had repaired under AppleCare was one I purchased new.
    Last purchase was a 15in 2.6 retina with 16gb/512 which was £1500plus vat (they are now slightly less in the refurb store) I knew there were new ones coming but the spec change was not worth waiting for.
    If there is a particular configuration you are after there’s a website that you sign up for and it mails you when the particular model is in stock.

zilog6128

Yep as above, have bought three machines for work and all have looked brand new with all protective plastic, etc in place. If they were 2nd hand I couldn’t tell! You get a normal receipt that can go through the books.

Don’t forgot the 3% cashback from Quidco, etc is also valid on the refurb store!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vat on a refurbed mac book pro?’ is closed to new replies.