• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Moe.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Vasectomy & riding
  • austinburner
    Free Member

Any adverse effects for the cyclist? Delicate one with the other half when I made it one of my main concerns! 😯

matt_outandabout

Have you tried to ride with two tennis balls balance on the saddle?

bryan-g-

I stayed of the bike for 2 weeks just to be safe. Had no problems, no pain after the opp at all. I did have black and blue nuts for a few days though.

Harry_the_Spider

Leave it for a couple of weeks, longer if your riding position involves sitting directly on your balls.

I am not a doctor.

dave360

Wife’s friend’s hubby took a month off from playing football after his, so I rode my bike the next day to show him how gay is.

The most traumatic part was the op itself. I was wheeled into the op room. Nursey lifted up my gown to prep “down there”, and gave anaesthetic jab. I was looking up at the ceiling thinking of, well anything other than a fairly attractive woman manipulating my bits because..you know. The door opened and closed, the doc came in and said hello. I said hello back, looked down as he was looming over my groin ready to start work, and the f**ker had a purple rinse. I was emasculated by QuentinfuckingCrisp. Fair play to the old bloke though, he was done in a jiffy and it was a pretty neat job.

I’m currently recovering from a Hydrocele Testis operation. Look it up on Google images, although probably NSFW.
    Two weeks off the bike so far.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Wait unless you like jam in your rice pudding

4 weeks off when I had it done and the jam incident was due to swimming 2 weeks after op

bigrich

what’s the worst that could happen? you go sterile?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it fails and you have a kid

Two weeks rest at least, unless you are stupid.

wwaswas

Couple of weeks of being careful.

Mate got a scrotal cyst (google it if you have a strong stomach) and was off work for weeks. He said the worst bit was having to squeeze the pus out of his sack when changing the dressing.

prawny

Had mine done two weeks ago this coming Saturday, still not right. Will probably go for a short ride on Saturday on my road bike but nothing serious. Other people I know gave had hardly any pain, but it knocked me about a bit. Made it to work Monday and Tuesday, came home in agony on Wednesday and had the rest of the week off.

I wouldn’t push it.

akira

Don’t pull it either!

back2basics
    Free Member

funny, mine had hardly any bruising or pain, within a week i was good to go…i am assuming thats what they did on the table….oh my i better call the wife to be sure about that sick feeling in the morning she is having 😀

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It varies for everyone – I rode the day after and was fine.

You’ll know when it’s OK – it’s your body

MoreCashThanDash

Try a forum search, regular question, same range of answers. Maybe we should make it a sticky at the top of the page. Or maybe not 😳

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I imagine success is dependant on whether you are first in, about middle or one of the last ones to be done. After a day of bollock chopping my handi work might be a tad worse than when I started – especially if I’m running late for a beer.

Moe

Do as you are told, two weeks minimum. I know a couple of guys thought they knew better and regreted it! …. and regreted it!

IT’s NOT WORTH IT! Act in haste, repent in agony!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Do I remember the pain! Sitting on the bog was the worst.

matt_outandabout

Taking out your own stitches as they are too tight, is a ‘life’ experience, not to be repeated…

lister

I left it a couple of weeks. First ride was quite short and I was very aware of things, but it was ok. Left it a couple more days then went for a longer one, it was fine.
    Only had slight pains for a couple of days after the op, and that was because one side took a bit more ‘digging’ and was quite swollen. I then had a few days of feeling delicate without sharp pain.
    First investigation into whether everything worked was a tricky mind over matter activity, the vinegar strokes held a certain amount of terror!
    Matt is right about the stitches, one side was not good and de-threading myself in the shower was a peculiar sensation…

But you’ll be fine 🙂

sheeps

Back in the saddle after 7 days (gentle commuting) and a 40km off-road epic 10 days after the op…. but a mate was off completely for about 3 weeks. Just depends on how much bruising etc.

taxi25
    Free Member

As said varies from person to person. Had mine on Wednesday, no pain bruising or swelling. Rode a mx race on the Sunday, felt ok. Not saying it was the right thing to
    do but what the heck.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Blimey, a work colleague was ‘done’ on Monday and is still hobbling around like his ankles are tied together……. 😯

theotherjonv

I’d have been right to ride after about a week apart from getting an infection in the wound site. after having that cleared out and on antibiotics, i enquired whether I was good to start riding again and the doc told me that 3 hours in a sweaty chamois would provide a less than ideal environment for healing an infected cock. 😯 In hindsight, a bit of a daft question.

I waited another 2 weeks until given the all clear

rp16v
    Free Member

actualy had mine done this morning have sent kids to the nans and the misses out so just me netflicks and a bag of frozen veg been sat here sins about 2 ish lol all in all not that bad had good banter w :lol:ith the doc who really made it easyer getting a little achey now just poped 2 painkillers and a pizza in the oven as far as sports concernd iv put off all sports gor atleast a month…
    am looking forward to empying the tank 30 times tho

Moe

The cost of making the wrong choice far outweighs the ‘crime’.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Vasectomy & riding’ is closed to new replies.