Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Vasectomy and Puffer interface…
  • franksinatra

Just started my training for the Puffer and I have some serious fitness issues to address. struggling for time for long days out so trying to get regular rides in along with running and turbo sessions.

Spanner in works is the local hospital now plan to snip me at the end of Nov. Question therefore being how long off the running/turbo/mountain bike?

I could postpose (surgery, not Puffer) if necessary but keen to do both!

Harry_the_Spider

Couple of weeks as long as things don’t get gloopy.

steviep
    Free Member

I was off the bike for 8 days following my snip, no problems after that at all.

franksinatra

So no excuse then!

trailwagger
    Free Member

advised 10 – 15 days, i was riding after 7.

spot
    Free Member

was running after a week
    riding after 2 weeks

wwaswas

don’t google scrotal abscess is all I’m saying…

fifeandy
    Free Member

Assuming you know the exact date for the OP, plan your training so it lands on a rest week – then you miss out on very little.

franksinatra

Hmm, change of plan. Just realised that the date they offered me is the day before a trip to centre parcs (cycling swimming, mumsnet), so had to postpone. Now looking at a new op date of three weeks before the puffer.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

had it last week…sitting on a bike seat is no where near the top of my ‘to do’ list that’s for sure…

franksinatra

Had a conversation with the booking guy on the phone, he offered me two dates, one of which was 30 Dec. I asked if another date was available and was told that as I had declined two dates they had to bump me off the waiting list and the only way I could get back on would be to go to the GP for a new referral! What a waste of everyones time. It wasn’t like I backed out at the last minute, just tried having a chat about options FFS.

I am sure my GP will be thrilled when I rock up again asking for the same thing, for him to fill out the same referral forms

ninfan
    Free Member

If it’s int’erface do you really need the vasectomy?

scotroutes

I guess the hospital are treating it with the same priority you are.

Or maybe they’re worried that you’ve been coerced into it and are hoping that another trip to your GP will give you time to reconsider

oafishb
    Free Member

Just over a week and was ok on the bike

Pretty gentle at first, mind.

Now, the whole vasectomy thing. Am I the only one who found the whole thing really really bloody painful. I’m fine now some months on, but I remember thinking that actually, if I had the choice again, I wouldn’t do it.
    As it is, my children are an amazingly effective contraceptive device.

scotroutes

No pain. I was back riding in a couple of days. The worst bit for me was the sound of the cutting, so I always recommend earplugs

MoreCashThanDash

The pain wasn’t a problem. The surgeon realised I hadn’t had enough local anaesthetic a fraction of a millisecond after I did. 👿

scrumfled
    Free Member

Hurt like hell at the time. 14 days later i could ride…tentatively

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Vasectomy and Puffer interface…’ is closed to new replies.