Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Varicose vein removal, talk to me
  • gustard_cannet
    Free Member

I've got to have a big old varicose vein removed from my leg, anything i need to know?

Thanks 🙂

Dylan08
    Free Member

dont let them use the lazers!!! Firkin brutal by the sounds of it

Good luck

😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

It fooking wrecks!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

my mate had to have his done before he could join the fire service apparently it nipped a bit 😉

Burls72
    Free Member

Both legs done with a valve behind the knee tied on one leg as well. Op ok they have you up and around asap with from memory two 1/2 hour walks a day. Would have been a simple relatively pain free thing if I hadn't got an infection in one leg which increased recovery time and the amount of pain, hurt a bit trying to walk when it was infected. Think I was back riding after 4 weeks and running not long after but I was a lot fitter then which would have helped.

Didn't have any pre op pain was done for cosmetic reasons but I was told if you have VV's you'll get them somewhere else in time. Have noticed that my legs/feet get colder quicker and lower legs ache a lot more.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Have you guys had them removed under the NHS? I have been told the VV I have on my thigh can only be removed if I pay for it! and that I should continue wearing the compression socks.

Burls72
    Free Member

Had mine done on the nhs. I lived in one area and I was told they wouldn't be done as cosmetic, moved to another area and on the doc'c advice went for a consultaion, didn't expect anything and I was suprised to be offered the op. One leg was quite bad and they only wanted to do that but I told the consultant as they casused me no physical problems it was a cosmetic thing for me (especially being a cyclist in my early 30's)and if they only did the one I couldn't see the point. I think a lot of it as usual is to do with lack of funds and the 'postcode lottery', unless they hurt or they are really bad with most trusts you have to put up with it or go private.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Hincapie's legs.

woody2000

Fookin Nora – he wants to be careful walking on a beach wi' legs like that, local anglers will start digging in there for bait!

anokdale
    Free Member

That cannot be right, how does that happen in a bloke so fit

Burls72
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with fitness, caused by genetics or an injury to the leg.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Varicose vein removal, talk to me’ is closed to new replies.