Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Variation on a theme
  • froggy67
    Free Member

I managed an interesting variation on the clipped in fall off the bike when you come to a stop today. I did it on flats!
    Coming home on my daily commute I wear off road type trainers (I think they call them “approach shoes”), as I get to my house I normally swing one leg over the bike as i slow down so that I have both feet next to each other whilst standing on one pedal and as the bike stops I gracefully step off so I can walk up to my back gate except that today somehow as I brought my feet together the laces managed to get caught together leaving me essentially with my feet tied together. This resulted in the bike coming to a stop with me having both feet on one pedal and then a very ungraceful fall with the bike on top of me.
    I believe that is a new move and would therefore like to claim it as “the croak”,

batman11
    Free Member

I’ve not done that on a bike! But I have done it with the lace/eye hook interface while sitting crossed legged with my feet on the table at work, pretty much same thing quick jump up go to walk and straight down on my face

phiiiiil

Class!

I’ve come to a stop with a shoelace wrapped around the pedal spindle; I couldn’t get my foot out, panicked and fell over into the bins making such a din all the neighbours turned to look… 🙁

Is that a “half croak”?

Lifer
    Free Member

froggy67 – Member
    as I get to my house I normally swing one leg over the bike as i slow down so that I have both feet next to each other whilst standing on one pedal and as the bike stops I gracefully step off

I don’t know why but that method of dismount always reminds me of a vicar wearing a straw boater with a wicker basket on his town bike, maybe from a TV show?

Hopefully it’s from a TV show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Variation on a theme’ is closed to new replies.