• This topic has 82 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Vape affecting my chest
  • mjsmke

I don’t smoke or vape. My GF does and recently moved into my house. She use to smoke and started to cut down quite quickly and now vapes. She only vapes in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs that she does her work in and i’ve had to nag a little to get her to keep the window open and door closed when she does. The thing is, its started to effect my throat and now my chest. Most noticeable when I’ve been outside and come indoors where the air throughout the house must still have something lingering. If i spend a few mins in the room she vapes in i start coughing and feeling quite ill.

Am i being unreasonable in asking her to only vape outdoors? Obviously i’m so please she’s stopped smoking and now vaping but it still effects me.

scotroutes

She’s moved into your house and you’re asking if it’s ok to ask her to stop doing it due to your health?

matt_outandabout

New GF?

Cletus

Pics required! 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

Show her where outside is.

Jamie
    Free Member

Am i being unreasonable in asking her to only vape outdoors?

No.

fossy

Outside only.

myti
    Free Member

I’m wondering if there’s any passive affect too as my work mate vapes in the van with the window cracked but I still get wafts of strawberry over my side.

Caher

Do you have a shed?

matt_outandabout

Do you have a patio?

mrmoofo

Are you asthmatic per chance ???
    I am … and there are some aroma / flavour chemical that tigger me at really low levels …. so if she changes what she vapes, the the issue might go away.

That said – I am sure we will find in the next few years that vaping is not in the slightest bit good for you health …

Junkyard
    Free Member

Her smoking affects your health – of course its not unreasonable- whose house it is irrelevant

Tiger6791

Louise?

mattyfez

I guess it depends on the type of vaper they are.. If it’s just nicotine replacement therapy, then there’s no need to be pumping out 80’s disco levels of tuiti fruiti flavored smog.

mjsmke

Im not asthmatic but i think its because its been every day over the last 2 weeks. I use my turbo in one of the downstairs rooms and really feel it in my throat after. I did tell her last night if it gets worse i’ll have to ask her to vape outside.

Theres a garden and a small porch at the back so shelter if its raining.

CountZero

My g/f has moved in with me very recently and she smokes, but she does roll-ups and smokes outside, either round the side of the house where it’s sheltered if raining, or out back on the patio garden seat. Fortunately, for whatever reason, I never smell the smoke, and she doesn’t smell of ciggies, for which I am very greatful!
    As the house is the OP’s, I’d be insisting she takes her habit outside if I were him, especially as it’s looking like it’s affecting his health.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Never date smokers, vegetarians or women with kids.

parkesie
    Free Member

Just shout FOG OF WAAAAR and chant in the pit in the pit whenever she vapes. She’ll get the hint.

Junkyard
    Free Member

or judgemental folk with lists

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Gits, Patio, Louise all gone, I’m too bloody slow…………….

martinhutch

You seem to need our approval before you dare broach an entirely reasonable request with your gf. Are you a bit scared of her?

shakers97
    Free Member

Vaping full stop turns my stomach. I hate smoking but at least that used to be cool. People who vape look like they’re playing a shit piccolo. Do both of you a favour and use this as a reason to get her to quit.

martinhutch

Good addition. So it’s:

1: Vegetarians
    2: Smokers
    3: Women with kids
    4: Judgemental folk with lists

Probably covers 90 percent of the female population there, although there’s probably a bit of crossover between judgemental folk and vegetarians. 🙂

wallop

I don’t fit into any of those categories. Your 90% is way out! 😆

martinhutch

Your 90% is way out!

Don’t judge me!

mjsmke

What about vegans? (shudder)

seosamh77
    Free Member

you not just got a cold or virus?

regardless, your house your rules.

Mister-P
    Free Member

shit piccolo

The accepted term is douche flute I believe.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d date a vegan over a vaper any day. Veganism makes a lot of sense. Inhaling flavoured steam makes very little.

seosamh77
    Free Member

btw it’s more likely the flavours that are affecting your chest I reckon, if they are, entirely possible no doubt, strawberry flavours in particular are utterly brutal when you get a whiff of them.

mjsmke

The actual smell was ok at first. Not really fruity just kind of like an air freshener. Now it makes me feel ill.

teasel
    Free Member

Comparatively, my partner likes to smoke but doesn’t do so in her own home because I bitched until she relented asked her not to.

In all weathers she pops outside to blaze one, the poor sod.

Love and respect, eh…

🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m sure no strawberries are harmed in the manufacture of said vape juice, more likely to be some cancer causing chemicals.

survivor

I’m a filthy vaper with asthmatic allergy reactions to mainly animal hair, cheap dilute orange and some vape flavours! The animal one is fairly normal I guess but I find the other two a bit odd.

I can toot away on most flavours but I’ve had the odd one that cause the same symptoms as OP.

Ask her to change flavours. I’ll bet that sorts it.

binners

Start smoking crack in the front room.

That’ll learn ‘er! 😀

slowoldman

Get rid.

Vaping full stop turns my stomach. I hate smoking but at least that used to be cool. People who vape look like they’re playing a shit piccolo. Do both of you a favour and use this as a reason to get her to quit.

No, smoking had a pretence of being cool – why are you judging people who are finding an alternative to fags?

nealglover
    Free Member

why are you judging people who are finding an alternative to fags?

Latest thing isn’t it.
    Not as many smokers to look down on these days so the nobheads people who need to feel better about themselves moan about vaping now instead.

binners

Are you new here? This place is sanctimony central! 😀

Mrs Binners said that she doesn’t know what she’s doing with me as she always swore she’d never end up with a smoker or a united fan

Now I don’t smoke any more, but vape, she’s happier, but my Old Trafford visits still utterly appall her! Now Jose is manager she even more fervently supports whoever we’re playing against. Bless ‘er 🙂

scotroutes

martinhutch – Member

Good addition. So it’s:

1: Vegetarians
    2: Smokers
    3: Women with kids
    4: Judgemental folk with lists

Probably covers 90 percent of the female population there, although there’s probably a bit of crossover between judgemental folk and vegetarians. [/quote]

Chapeau sir. A classic response from start to finish.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Vape affecting my chest’ is closed to new replies.