Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Vanilla spiced rum.
  • tails
    Free Member

I got a bottle for Xmas the vanilla is a nice touch as before I’d only had spiced or plain rum. Who’s the No1 vanilla spiced rum, bit obscure but someone might know?

ton

sailor jerry.
    finished my bottle last week………tis awesome.

Jamie
    Free Member

I know it does not address your question, but on Ton’s advice I got some Sailor Jerry’s spiced rum for Xmas. Had some last night with fiery ginger beer, fresh orange and ice.

Lordy.

A very deceptive, and delicious, way to get smashed.

Edit: According to the website:

Nose:

Intense vanilla, dry buttery toffee and subtle cinnamon notes

deluded
    Free Member

My brother-in-law brought me back a bottle of Kraken Black Spiced Rum from the States earlier in the year. Nice vanilla / smokey taste.

I’m no rum connoisseur mind – so don’t know what the No. 1 is.

ton

jamie, it is 80% proof……i hope the ginger beer was no alcoholic 😆

vorlich
    Free Member

It’s not spiced, but if you’re not drinking Appleton’s, you’re doing it wrong.

For spiced stuff, Chairman’s Reserve Spiced is where it’s at. Sailor Jerry, etc, just flavour with ‘spice’ after distillation, the corner cutting cheats.

_tom_
    Free Member

Sailor jerry used to be way better, they changed the recipe a while back and its not nearly as good imo. Shame as it used to be so good! Never tried Kraken but it has an awesome bottle so i must try it at some point.

tails
    Free Member

I’ve got some sailor jerry as everyone’s been drinking it in the bars I think it’s no better than Morgan spiced, ill give it another go tonight. The kraken sounds strong! Has it got vanilla in it?

Thanks guys.

Jamie
    Free Member

For spiced stuff, Chairman’s Reserve Spiced is where it’s at. Sailor Jerry, etc, just flavour with ‘spice’ after distillation, the corner cutting cheats.

I am new to rum, so just went on a recommendation off here. Once the SJ is finished, I will track down some Chairman’s Reserve.

…I say track down. They seem to have it on Amazon.

tails
    Free Member

I’m drinking this at the mo http://www.drinksupermarket.com/vat-19-rum.html

deluded
    Free Member

The kraken sounds strong! Has it got vanilla in it?

It’s stronger in the States I think. It’s only been in the UK a few years and the alcohol content has been reduced (I might be talking bollo5 on that, but I think I’m right having just Googled it – the bottle I had was higher than 40%, I’m sure).

Yes it has a very rich deep taste with a definite vanilla undertone.

Also – you get to say ‘release the kraken’!

jonk

Sailor Jerry was good about 3-4 years ago but they removed the lime which made it crap. Kraken is where it’s at now.

terrianne
    Free Member

mmm sailor jerrys, someone left a bottle at my house on christmas day…

Stoner
    Free Member

following a recommendation in here I tried a sailor jerrys in a local bar, and another.

And it was deeply unremarkable.

Ive been enjoying Morgans Spiced and have Kraken on my buy list, but Jerrys has come off it. Especially as it’s £15 for 50cl in morrisons.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

SJ too vanila for me CM spiced and kraken is nice as is OVD rum and coke . Aldi had El Dorado 15 year old for £30 which is nice in a whisky sort of way pussers and woods is also nice on ice , if you are in Bristol check out the Rummer who have a huge selection of rumms and other spirits

ton

sailor jerry is the only one i have had, but i think i will be trying the kraken stuff now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rum = Mount Gay XO or Chairman’s Reserve or Angostura 1824 or Appleton’s MBL

Spices? Keep that for cooking.

dc11
    Free Member

Mmmmm, ‘original’ Sailor Jerry…

Unfortunately the festive season has taken it’s toll on it, I’ll be saving the last couple of drinks for next year.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m really enjoying my Morgans Spiced Rum with ginger beer. It’s literally the only spirit that I drink though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Vanilla spiced rum.’ is closed to new replies.