• This topic has 41 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Vango Photography Competition. – I'm in the final! Please vote for me!
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Hello.

I am in the final of the vango photography competition!

Please can you vote for me? Finalist 3!

Thanks!

Vote Here!

pacemaker
    Free Member

Voted.

Drac

Voted too for the one I liked best.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Me too. Some of those pics you'd hardly know there was a tent there at all. 😀

will
    Free Member

This may have back fired. I love number two!

Although I haven't voted 😆

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Thanks!!

the00
    Free Member

Well you're winning so far… but I voted for #6.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i like #3 and #6 – the rest dont look very inspiring.

Tracey

Voted for you but 6 looks good

Tracey

jimmy

you're kicking butt. Nice colours. The snowy mountain (2?) nearly edged it.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Well, I liked 1,2,4,5,6 and 7 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I prefer 6 and 7.

Well 6 mainly, but 7 looks quite commercial and has a pretty neat composition (apart from the girl bending into the tent – she should have been facing camera more to be properly commercial).

But I voted for you anyway, seeing as you asked nicely – good luck 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought I'd vote for the best one, turns out it was you I voted for anyway.

Somehow I assumed yours was the (bit dull) bikey one.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Nah, mine is the canoe one with the nice evening light. The image size on the Vango website doesn't really do it justice.

See it biggerer here!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Streuth – didn't think any of them were worth voting for but good luck to you anyway.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Heather Bash – I assume they are not professional photographers, just campers with cameras. I think that expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

2 and 3 are nice.

I'm not sure I like the idea of coming along and asking people to vote for you, assuming some visitors just click-click-and click without thinking because you're an STW member, its a tad unfair on the others. I hope everyone puts thought into their choice, though I'd happily put 3 down as one of the two best.

Why do I never find these competitions? I've a couple of shots that could have been entered!

That said, I've just modified my Vango tent because it wasn't really cutting the mustard!

alpin
    Free Member

i voted for you despite the fact i liked the glow-in-the-dark tent the most.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That said, I've just modified my Vango tent because it wasn't really cutting the mustard!

Well that's your problem – tents aren't made for cutting mustard. Perhaps I could suggest a small knife.

samuri
    Free Member

I voted for the one I thought was best, which wasn't yours, sorry. But you're winning by a mile anyway.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Fair point Coffeeking but of course all other entrants can do exactly the same on forums/facebooks/twitters etc. And no-one is forced to vote for mine if they prefer another picture. I have just asked nicely that people would.

There's still a few weeks of voting to go, things can change.

Surely this is just like any MP campaigning before an election. 😉

and I don't win anything other than Kudos of having my picture used in their marketing stuff.

It's not like the BBC fixing their competitions or anything!!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Done – and good luck

(although a little bit of butt action aka pic 7 would have helped!)

😆

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>I think that expectations should be adjusted accordingly.<

Was a bit cutting but thanks for that patronising observation – expectationometer had already been adjusted;-)

postierich
    Free Member

Voted, but not yours

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Thanks all for voting!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I didn't think yours was all that great until I saw it full size – very nice. So I voted for you. You're right, the small size doesn't do it justice.

Good luck

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

sorry i voted for 6. good luck though

rs
    Free Member

I went with 6 too, can hardly even see the tent in number 3, number 1 is wining now.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member
    nedrapier

Ah, but you've just revealed you posted on a canoe forum as well!

Hmmm.

I would rather be in your photo than any of the others, though. 2 is a close second.

squin
    Free Member

Done. 1 looks to have taken the lead currently, get voting everyone!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Images 2 and 3 look to have at least some attempt at composition about them.
    I see the predictable one with the kids (and the parked cars) is winning.
    Proof positive that most people are Luddites when it comes to images / photography.

iDave
    Free Member

i don't like the red canoe and blue tent

can you change the tent to purple?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

ha ha. yeah maybe I should have painted my canoe to match my tent… Sadly I don't do photoshop, so what you see is what you get!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just went back on to see the current scoring and I had to vote (again) to get the scores.

So – you can multiple vote it seems (which is particularly rubbish – it should be restricted to one vote per IP address).

So leave us all alone and just vote for yourself 2,000,000 times.

😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

Looks like Number 1 has teh backing of a bigger forum…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

It is limited to one vote per IP apparently. but if you delete the cookies in your compute it allows you to vote more than once. But I haven't done this as that would be cheating and they will be checking to see if there is a number of votes with the same IP. And anyway it's only a bit of fun!

I think Number 1 has more facebook friends than me. It's got a cute girl in it and it's camping near the car. It's what people really want. 😉

My pic was taken here.

CountZero

I like the composition of 2, but 6 is overwhelmingly the best as far as I'm concerned. It just conveys eveything about wild camping, long days out, darkness setting in, and a warm, cosy bed waiting to be crawled into. Lovely atmospheric photo that got my vote.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

HELP! I'm 300 votes behind no 1!

😉

clunker

Added to your votes 299 to go 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Vango Photography Competition. – I'm in the final! Please vote for me!’ is closed to new replies.