Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Van vs Bike
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

I have a number of large vans delivering around Kent everyday, so what can I do to them to improve safety for cyclists? Driver training is already taken care of.

They are 7t vans and look like this…

fannybaws
    Free Member

get your drivers to cycle around some of their routes for a different perspective?

honeybadgerx

Sticker above back left bumper saying ‘Cyclists please do not undertake when vehicle turning left’ or something similar? Always scares me when people do that.

midlifecrashes

Stick a mobile phone jammer in them so the driver can’t text while the engine is running. (Illegal, unfortunately due to interfering with everyone’s signal)

Cougar

Educate them that all road users have a comparable “right” to be there, that if cyclists can reach out and touch the van when overtaking then they’re too close, and that ‘road tax’ was abolished in the 1930s?

I think that should do it.

stealthcat

If there’s any time when one of them is not needed, arrange with either schools or cycle safety groups for people to get a chance to sit in it and see what the visibility is really like – park it up and put bikes in the blind spots…

footflaps

Make all of them ride a bike in circles around the van whilst one of them drives it slowly eating a pasty, drinking tea and having a row with the wife on the mobile….

alpin
    Free Member

inform the drivers that if they recieve one single complaint from either a cyclist or any other road user they are out of the job….

don’t give them such a silly schedule of drops… might take the pressure off them and let them relax a little more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Van vs Bike’ is closed to new replies.