Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Van tyre load rating
  • SaxonRider

I want to buy four Continental Vanco Four Season tyres for my minibus, but have the choice between a load rating of 113/111 and 116/114.

Can anyone tell me how great the difference in load rating actually is, and what you would go for if you were going to be driving a fairly full 17-seater minibus around?

SaxonRider

Thanks, but I know what the load rating is. I suppose I just want to know from any van/minibus/campervan drivers on here if it makes much difference to get a tyre with a higher load rating than strictly necessary.

porter_jamie

i have said this on here many many times, but look on the tyre label. it is a legal requirement for the manufacturer to have the sizes ratings and pressures on there. use what the tyre label says. all it means is the tyre is capable of the weight the vehicle is legally allowed to carry. if you use higher rated than required tyres you might find the ride suffers as the tyres might be stiffer, for example

lucien

Changed my Conti Vanco Camper tyres for a Maxxis equivalent and whilst the weight rating is different the Maxxis website and warranty say they are fine for what we need. Given the price difference of around £50 per corner, it seems too good to miss from my pov. Phoned insurance company also to advise, and they weren’t the slightest bit interested either.

PePPeR

I’ll second getting which ever your vehicle was designed for.

It’ll normally tell you in the handbook.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Van tyre load rating’ is closed to new replies.