Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van owners/users – Transit Connect or VW Caddy?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

For reliability and quality, it’s for work use. 2nd hand buy, max 5 years old.

Narrowed to those two options, not going french and not having a great time with current fiat doblo.

what’s your experiences?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Pal has a long wheel base connect and swears by it.

c_klein87

Had my caddy 4 years, never had any issues, get around 50mpg, good for bikes, i have a bike rack in the back which hold one bike upright.

somafunk

I have a late 2013 (december) caddy highline, bought last december for £6.3k, brilliant van that drives more like a car than the ford caddy (which i previously owned). There is a problem regarding injector failure on pre 2013 caddy’s due to electrical insulation breakdown so it’s best to get a late 2013 onwards, don’t get the emissions recall done as it borks the EGR valve and gives reduced mpg as well as power loss. My 1.6 tdi van is remapped to 148 bhp/302 NM which makes it nicer to drive, no more dropping down gears to overtake and 2nd/3rd/4th pull through the gears is pretty impressive. I get a minimum of 55mpg and rarely get less than 650-700 miles from a tank of shell v-power diesel but i do drive pretty sedately and drop it into cruise control at every opportunity.

Get a highline model if you can as the spec includes parking sensors, elec windows, elec mirrors, cruise control, AC, better radio, alloy wheels, fog lights and leather trimmed steering wheel/gear knob, handbrake etc (not essential but a nicer feel when driving).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van owners/users – Transit Connect or VW Caddy?’ is closed to new replies.