Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Van Nicholas Zion – any views – any pics
  • will1
    Free Member

Looking at getting another Ti hardtail and I like the look of these. Anyone got one? Pics would be nice. Cheers

Daffy

I’d have one (singlespeed version with the EBB) in a heartbeat. I love my Lucky Strike.

druidh
    Free Member

Not a Zion – but pretty close.

I have one of the el cheapo Zion-alikes direct from the factory in China.
    Great wee bike. I run it with Pace RC31s for all sorts of basic off-road stuff, and with Corsa WCs for anything which requires a bit of bounce. It’s been to the top of Cairngorm, carried a rack with tent etc. around the Scottish Highlands and “raced” around SITS. Started off with narrow, flat bars and a Thompson seatpost, but I’ve added carbon risers and a carbon seatpost to give a little comfort on longer rides. Tyre clearance ain’t massive – you’d not want anything bigger than a 2.1 in there. Very “direct”, very chuckable. If I had to keep just one of my bikes, it would easily be this one.

Want photos??

will1
    Free Member

Yes photos please

loddrik
    Free Member

Here’s mine, sorry about the crap iphone pic, I love it, so much so that I no longer ride my Yeti 575, which is now for sale on here…

Enough said really

druidh
    Free Member

Newly built

Rigid

Fully loaded

will1
    Free Member

Nice looking bikes there.
    Any idea on the weights?

druidh
    Free Member

Mine comes in at a bit under 21lbs in “race” trim.

INKLEINED

Hi Will1,
    Iv’e just sent a reply to your personal mail address, including a couple
    of pic’s. I cannot post pic’s from the office.
    Great Frame, well worth the money. My other bikes are 2001 Klein Adept Race,
    and 2007 Turner Flux self build. the Zion tops out at 23lbs. I’m not a weight weenie.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Probably the best value branded Ti frame around. Mate as one, loves it. Climbs very very well with lots of rear wheel grip and low weight it leaps up trails. Downhill it skips over stuff nicely. Rear stays wont take a really big tyre. Nice frame detailing, esp. at the dropouts.

avdave2

I really fancy the Rohloff version. Am I right in thinking that they have v brake mounts? My Rohloff is the internal version and it would be nice not to have to send it off to Germany for a conversion. And can the Rohloff frame take a mech hanger option? I love the Rohloff but on such a light frame I might be tempted to set it up as 1×9 in the summer. Sorry for the hijack but it just got me thinking.

Clink

Its one of the frames I’m looking at (in 29er guise); both VN direct and Terry at Leisure Lakes have been very helpful. I’m looking at a custom 29er with sliding dropouts or new Niner ebb.

loddrik
    Free Member

I took mine to glentress yesterday, great fun, I wondered if the yeti would have been better but in truth, the only bit i didn’t bother with was ewok village, the zion was superb.

Blackhound

druidh: so what is yours, how / where did you buy it, any links? Ta.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicholas Zion – any views – any pics’ is closed to new replies.