Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Van Nicholas Mamtor, has anybody got one?
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

has anyone tried it on Mam Tor?
    I’m interested coz when I do ride it’s normally around Mam Tor and it could be my next bike pipedream.

tang
    Free Member

on-one are knocking them out cheap atm..

loddrik
    Free Member

Here’s mine, and funnily enough it was on Mam Tor last weekend.

loddrik
    Free Member

Bloody hell, on one really are knocking them out cheap!! Just as well I wasnt planning on shifting mine!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Didn’t STW review them a while back and say the head angle was waaay too steep (which looking a the pic above, I can believe). 140mm fork with the head angle of a superlight 80mm forked racer? No thanks!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

That pic above just looks plain wrong with the headangle/fork travel.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

nah! it looks good.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

are the green wellies spd compatible?

avdave2

Didn’t STW review them a while back and say the head angle was waaay too steep (which looking a the pic above, I can believe). 140mm fork with the head angle of a superlight 80mm forked racer? No thanks!

Yes, and then I believe VN redesigned them in response. It could be the cheap ones around are the older models that had already been produced before the modifications. I would check the exact specs before buying.
    Or I may have simply dreamed all that.

Houns

69.5 on On-One website. 68.5 on Van Nic website

loddrik
    Free Member

Just a little curious about this, just checked the on one website and it is indeed 69.5, however this is the same as the Ti 456. How is the head angle on the Mamtor too steep but the 456 is fine? Both are designed around the same length forks…

ampthill

I think the answer is that Brant quoted the 456 angle sagged with a not that long fork.

druidh
    Free Member

..or a lot of folk on the internet don’t know what they’re talking about?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicholas Mamtor, has anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.