Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Van Nicholas Mamtor…. Any Good?
  • wheelie

I have read a review in the Mag archive, that did not really rate this bike. Has anyone any experience of it? I notice on the VN website there are no mag reviews about it…..is this because they are not favourable?

I have an inside leg of 28″ and am 5′ 4″ so the smallest size seemed perfect. Also they are a good price on On One site
    Are there any other Ti bikes that would suit my dimensions?…Recomendations please

fasthaggis

Wheelie

I was looking at a Mamtor last year ,but went for the Tuareg frame in the end .
    I really like it.
    One of a hand full of hard tails that were on the TR last year and it coped well with (in my case) the long days and varied trails.
    A friend out in Lanzarote (a real racing whippet)has just bought a Mamtor and loves it.

It was him that made me start looking at Van Nics.

pistola
    Free Member

I’ve just built one up and love it. Why didn’t the mag rate it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSynthpop
    Free Member

IIRC the head angle was felt to be too steep for the fork length – racer boy head angle with a long fork. There was a thread about it when O-O started doing the frame deal.

pistola
    Free Member

Aha, thanks for that, although 68.5 feels fine to me…

wheelie

so how do you think it rides pistola ie does it feel positive and planted, or does it get into a bind on steep descents? Climbing?

pek
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack thread but any one have comments on the zion 29er?

pistola
    Free Member

so how do you think it rides pistola ie does it feel positive and planted, or does it get into a bind on steep descents? Climbing?

Feels pretty good. I ride a 19.5 so a pretty long ETT at 620mm and a shortish (80mm) stem. I have U-turn Revelation forks (120 – 150mm) and feels planted at around 135 – 140mm. Even at that it doesn’t rear up on the climbs but you can start to fell it lighter at the front when the forks are at 150mm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicholas Mamtor…. Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.