Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Van maintenance rant
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Need big job done on van. Get warned off local garage by mate who's just had same job done and had it go horribly wrong. Go to other garage a fair drive away. Retrieve van, hand over LARGE sum of cash.

Mrs goes out for the day in van this morning. I wander outside later to find large pool of oil where the van was parked.

****! ****! ****! ****!

Now I've got to spend the day trying to track down the mrs, then I'll have to take the van to the local garage and try to explain that (a) their colleagues have made an ar$e of it and (b) I didn't bring it in to them like I usually do because I'd been warned that, well, they might make an ar$e of it.

*&(*&^ &*^( &*^*& !"£!$ !!!! 😡 😡 😡

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Take it back to the original place and force them to fix it properly, saves face at your normal garage and gets the work done free.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Take it back to the original place and force them to fix it properly, saves face at your normal garage and gets the work done free.

I would, but I really don't fancy taking the risk of driving for an hour with oil peeing out the bottom. Would rather lose face than lose the engine!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Get the original garage on the blower, and get them to recover it – all their fault and their cost IMO.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, as Dave said. They should recover it and fix it, if it was down to the work they did.
    If you're stupid enough to shell out more money 'just to save face' then that's your look out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Van maintenance rant’ is closed to new replies.