• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Van Life anyone?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Nice article on Van life here

and some more pictures of the van here

Enjoy and happy friday 🙂

bbb
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. Lots of good ideas for a MWB Ducato owner!

I much prefer this kind of van and conversion to the generic motorhome/motorvan things that seem to be aimed at the retired population!

bob_summers

I’ve always got an eye out for a Merc 508 but prices only ever seem to go up…

me1tdown
    Free Member

Thanks, I enjoyed that.

I dream that one day i’ll convert a giant van (H3L4 ducato/relay/boxer) complete with a bike garage, shower/toilet and bed that folds down from above the drivers/passengers seats (what’s the point of a permanent bed?). I need money first!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nice idea. Not quite the same but I’ve got a few days holiday to basically waste between now and the end of March (wife is a teacher and I’ve already got Feb half term booked theres no more days I can take with her so no chance of a bollocking for taking holiday when she’s off!) and I’m going to take myself off in my van for a few days with the bike and have some time on my own, riding and camping in the middle of nowhere…

chrismac

Like the projector on the side of the van. Might have to try that one

spooky_b329

what’s the point of a permanent bed?

You can have a garage under it. For bikes, BBQs and other pesky stuff like leisure batteries, spare wheels and heaters.

You can get up before your other half and not have to perch on the end of the bed for the two hours it takes them to wake up.

Means you can have proper comfy seats for traveling in.

Dumping area during the day. Don’t have to store all the bedding somewhere. Don’t have to set up the bed 28 times during your fortnight holiday.

On the other hand, drop down bed in a panel van…reduced headroom during the day, loss of dining/possibly cooking area when the bed is down, a big heavy waiting to drop on you during an accident, plus immensely complicated to build!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I put a fixed bed over garage in my L3H2 Boxer (Ducato) As I’m a lazy bugger and not making/storing the bed twice a day for a month is awesome!

Matt_SS_xc

101 nights in our van in 2016. Just sold current van to convert a new one. Will miss having one for sure. Can’t really imagine not having a campervan!

jambourgie
    Free Member

bob_summers – Member
    I’ve always got an eye out for a Merc 508 but prices only ever seem to go up…

Me too! These shiny new VW’s leave me cold. Give me a dirty old bus anyday.

Andy

410ah leisure battery 😯 – they do go large dont they 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Van Life anyone?’ is closed to new replies.