Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Van Isurance
  • engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

I’m getting quotes of about £1000 for my insurance for my T5, I’m not going to be using it for business but I will use it for commuting .

Who is generally cheap?

scotroutes

My Trafic is less than half that! Currently with NFU.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

HIC were cheapest for me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Budget Insurance for me, cheap as…

sandwicheater

The majority of the market are geared to cover vans with business use and as such that’s where the cheaper rates/competition is.

Perhaps consider insuring for business use and SDP?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

NFU were good for my transit with business cover, but the best was Brentacre – they’re custom car insurers, but are trying to get into the van market a bit more, and are looking to the MTB market for this – you never know, you might get a good deal.

Very friendly people on the phone, no long call queues, they’re happy for you to make any mods (no charge for me if i add windows/change wheels etc, only if i change the bhp)

thoroughly recommended.

scotroutes

I tried Brentacre and the quote was less than NFU bit there was something about the policy (that currently escapes me) that ruled it out for me. I’ll ponder…..

thomthumb
    Free Member

brentacre for me

unovolo
    Free Member

I found Budget cheapest and they mirrored my No claims discount on my other car.

bazzer
    Free Member

£529 on my 2013 Trafic Sport.

Bedford insurance through Van Quote Direct !!

andrewh
    Free Member

£204 to insure my much modified 2004 Transit, including all the extras: declared value, legal, protected NCD etc. SDP & commuting, no business cover. That’s with Adrian Flux.
    I’m 32, 7yrs NCD, clean licence, good postcode, 8,000mile limit, parked on driveway, all things they like. OP, we could do with a little more info before deciding if £1,000 is reasonable.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Cheers all,

The quote isn’t too bad, but I’m 28, good postcode, parked on drive, clean license, but i dont have any no claims because it is on my car.

scotroutes

Ah- you’re keeping the car too?

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Yes keeping the car, and before the car I had a company car but that was 2 1/2 years ago so I can’t use that no claims either.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Is it a panel T5? That will put you on a commercial policy :-/
    Rear seats “should” get you on a standard policy as an estate car.
    Be careful with the engine though – as an example, my Trafic Crew LWB Quickshift has to go on a commercial policy becasue it is the 2.5L – the 1.9L is classed as an estate car and can go on any normal car policy 👿

hatter

£1,000 for a T5! I’m only paying just under £600 for my silly red Sportline.

Try NFU, they’re who I’m with and they’re nice to deal with to boot.

redstripe
    Free Member

£250 a year fully comp for my Toyota Hiace through Direct line, though I am an older git with full NCB and live in a lower risk postcode area I think

olddog

I use dialdirect for my Trafic. Its about £270 for sdp and commuting

pictonroad

Glynwoods for campers, might be good for vans too?

unovolo
    Free Member

The quote isn’t too bad, but I’m 28, good postcode, parked on drive, clean license, but i dont have any no claims because it is on my car.

As I said try Budget, they mirrored my NCD that’s currently being used on my other car ,may not be the cheapest for you but worth trying a online quote to see what it may cost you.

dai21t
    Free Member

I insure mine with brentacre as well, only downside is I didn’t have the driving other cars option on my policy. They were cheaper than all the others I tried.

andrewh
    Free Member

downside is I didn’t have the driving other cars option on my polic

Pretty much non-existant on vans. I didn’t get it when mine was still a modified van, it’s now even more modified and so classed as a camper and I’ve got it back.

geoffj

Adrian Flux maybe worth a try.

tomaso
    Free Member

£370 on a Sprinter fully comp for me and the wife

kilo

admittedly mines only a little combo van but with aviva it was about £130 fully comp in sw london with no ncb as it’s on the wife’s car

Suggsey
    Free Member

Aviva direct with them specified as private use only on my 06 plate cvauxhall combo with no no claims to support it as they are used on my car came in at £300 ish fully comp for me and the misses.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Brentacre for me.

Look on the insurance threads over on the t5 Form for info on Adrain Flux, seem to cancel policies after taking the money due to technicalities and keeping about £150.

Crell
    Free Member

I ended up with A Plan after a few recommendations on the T5 forum for my Caravelle. 420 fully comp, 15k miles (3 k business) for me & the wife.

allfankledup

Check out the t5forum – but the regular guys have been quoted with one exception

Give Greenlight a call – I use them for my modded t5 – and they are excellent to deal wiith
    Having no separate no claims may be a challenge – but Neil there has dealt with lots of variety in insurance requests
    Ciao

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Van Isurance’ is closed to new replies.