Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • van insurance .
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

its a bit dear isnt it ?

Im buying a vauxhall combo 1.7 cdti van. Obviously i need to insure it.

Buying it new or very near new so want fully comp.

im 23 – 2 years NCB living in AB21 and cant get it below 800 quid – thats on a social(no commuting) policy – is that the going rate for a small van when young ? can insure a brand new corsa similar spec for 450 FC so seems craaazy

stompy

I'm 26 driving a (v beautiful) Orange Transit….. got mine with Gladiator. Comes in at around £400 fully comp with £3000 tool cover.

Shop around then barter with them over the phone, you'll find they try to price match your 'made up' quotes 🙂

Drac

Tell them it's for non commercial use it might help.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont worry drac i have – seems to make litle diffference – those whos quote non comercial changes are a silly price anyway

Some even ask how many years no claims i have on a van policy – thats 0 – on top of how many general no claims you have …2 years

will phone some up them up and see what i get.

Tonylem
    Free Member

Try these, http://www.autonetinsurance.co.uk/van-insurance/

Although I'm 45 so pay a small premium, the gave the best price with no no-claims history.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers tony – through them quinn direct will do insurance for 575 fully comp – reckon i could get it down with a voluntary excess when i phone them. its a 250 compulsory

still double what i pay now mind – 250 for my hyundai but the new van is double the vehicle in all ways !

trail_rat
    Free Member

i love insurance companys ….not

so you quote me 575 – this is payable by 135 deposit and 9 payments of 59 quid ….dont think so balloons – ill pay the 575 in one hit thanks !

andysandes
    Free Member

Try Evan they were the cheapest I could find 400 on VW 2.5 T4 when I was 25 with 2 years no claims

steveh

Trail rat try National farmers union and co-operative insurance services. You'll need to do both on the phone but they both offer private car policies with vans which tends to help a lot. Let me know what they come up with. NFU would also match the no claims I had for my car as an introductory discount (that they never got rid of over the years).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘van insurance .’ is closed to new replies.