Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Van drivers – who do you insure with?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve just put down a deposit on a nice T5 with a new Kombi conversion & starting to shop around for insurance quotes. Have so far just tried A-Plan who quoted £545, which seems rather high considering I’m old (40) and have 9 yrs no claims. Any suggestions on others to try? Cheers.

Stoner
    Free Member

I highly recommend using the Lifesure group.
    01480 402 460

I insure my T4 conversion through them for £239 (£15k insured value), covers Europe. (Im 36, 10yrs NCB)

Been with them for 5+ years and premium keeps falling each year.

I also have Euro breakdown cover through them for £65 pa again with euro cover

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nice one thanks. Will give them a call now.

Stoner
    Free Member

cool. let us know what they quote in comparison with A-Plan

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I use Gladiator.
    They’re ok from what I can gather.

rickmeister

Think Brentacre seem to be well thought of..

Me, I’m with Direct line…

pedalhead
    Free Member

Lifesure quoted £349, which includes £25 for legal cover. Looking good, thanks Stoner. Waiting for a call back from Brentacre & will check out Gladiator. Cheers!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Ok, quick update. Turns out that Lifesure didn’t quote including the Kombi seat modification, and have now said they won’t cover it at all. So, back to the drawing board.

hamsolo
    Free Member

Adrian Flux

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve just insured my t5 kombi… had quotes of £400 through swinton, which I was happy enough with, but then it turned out I couldn’t use my no claims bonus on the van policy at the same time as on my car policy.

that bumped it up to £660 (no longer swinton, it was through autonet or somethign like that – found through comparison on moneysupermarket)

Dave

flatfish
    Free Member

Gladiator for me.
    Had mixed results from them.
    Still fighting with them and my underwriters, over a claim made just a couple of months ago. They were rather unhelpful to start with but after speaking to the insurance ombudsman they started to played ball.

This is apparently written off!!!!!! Somebody reversed into me.

Still got a way to go to be fully reimbursed for my losses though. 5.5 weeks for the repairs to take place and it’s still not right.

Getting there slowly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

about 2nd from cheapest on comparison site.

bernard
    Free Member

Brentacre do mine T5, homebrew day van/camper nice chaps, reasonably priced and let me modify the van from kombi to camper with no additional. My renewal this year was actually lower than last year which is a novelty.
    Got a quote from HIC this year as well which was decent (brentacre beat it though)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Van drivers – who do you insure with?’ is closed to new replies.