Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Van camping in Fort William
  • sharkattack

Just booked some 3 day tickets for the world cup. Obviously it’s very last minute and we could only secure a BnB for Saturday night. Which is fine, as long as we can find somewhere safe and convenient to stay in the van before that.

I was thinking as it won’t be mega busy on Friday we could turn at up Nevis range Thursday night and find somewhere nearby. Then just slip into the car park on the morning in time to check out Friday’s festivities.

Then we’ll find somewhere away from the event, or closer to town for the Friday night. Then check in to the BnB Saturday morning and use the park and ride for the event.

The thing is, I’m not that familiar with the area. Are there any no go areas? Or any recommended spots?

Local knowledge is always the best so thought I might as well ask here. I’ll check back tomorrow. Many thanks.

thegreatape
    Free Member

In terms of safety/security and not being hassled, pretty much anywhere is ok. Bikes on cars/vans have been known to go missing occasionally. There is a large open space on Blar Mhor that will be used for park and ride but if you are there on Thursday or Friday morning you can park in an out of the way spot. For your Thursday night the Auction Mart halfway up the road to Nevis Range should be fine for parking and sleeping before a short stroll up Friday morning.

sharkattack

Bump for the day shift.

There is a large open space on Blar Mhor

That looks promising. And right next to a police station, which could be a good or bad thing I suppose.

For your Thursday night the Auction Mart halfway up the road to Nevis Range

I remember this place, we’ll probably drive straight up there and check this out first.

We should land at around 10pm tonight.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And right next to a police station, which could be a good or bad thing I suppose

Depends on what you’re going to do in the van I suppose 🙂

I imagine they’ll be fairly busy this weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Van camping in Fort William’ is closed to new replies.