Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Van attack in Barcelona
  • Drac

Good news Bigblackshed must have been an awful few hours for you.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Good news Bigblackshed, nice to know your family members are ok.

But, I’ve said it before & I’m saying it again….
    If these creatures (who subsequently perform terrorist attacks) are known to the security services, then ‘simply’ eradicate them.
    Can’t be that hard. If security know who they are, then they must know their whereabouts (most of the time).
    Snatch, get rid, no reports, no news. Just vanished.
    May sound a bit harsh to the do gooders but It’s time these scumwipes were gone from the planet.

seosamh77
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Good news Bigblackshed, nice to know your family members are ok.

But, I’ve said it before & I’m saying it again….
    If these creatures (who subsequently perform terrorist attacks) are known to the security services, then ‘simply’ eradicate them.
    Can’t be that hard. If security know who they are, then they must know their whereabouts (most of the time).
    Snatch, get rid, no reports, no news. Just vanished.
    May sound a bit harsh to the do gooders but It’s time these scumwipes were gone from the planet.

right ye are augusto

wilburt
    Free Member

I was in Barcelone ealrier this year and in Cambrils just last week.

Both are such soft targets, people will be familiar with Las Ramblas and Cambrils is similar in having a long boulevard packed with families and children late into the evening.

I’m really not sure what the answer is when these attacks as well as being abhorent themselves seem likely to further drive a wedge between communities.

Personally I think its time for some real open questions about the root causes including the Wests involvement in Arab countries but also Muslim integration into Western countires.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Very sad to be waking up to hear of the second attack at Cambrils.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Very glad the Guardia shot them all dead before they were able to trigger their body bombs…

kcr
    Free Member

If these creatures (who subsequently perform terrorist attacks) are known to the security services, then ‘simply’ eradicate them

“Eradicate” people before they commit a crime? You mean just like Minority Report? I thought driverless cars were exciting, but the future really has arrived.

zippykona

Can the assailants be disposed of in a way that means they won’t get to paradise?
    If they were cremated with a pig would that invalidate their entry?
    Or fed to pigs?

sobriety
    Free Member

Can the assailants be disposed of in a way that means they won’t get to paradise?
    Or fed to pigs?

From what I’ve read, cremation is enough.

Junkyard
    Free Member

‘simply’ eradicate them.

You mean like the way ISIS want to eradicate non Muslims that sort of thing?
    We are meant to be better than them.
    We show this by actually being better than them and not doing what THEY do
    Whilst we can all understand knee jerk reactions, to such upsetting incidents, the solution is not to behave like them.
    It will not bring us closer to peace and will only “justify” them and make us as bad as them.

These situations are terrible and its disturbing to see them more and more.

I dont think any of us have a solution to this problem and none of us are sure what to do to try to prevent this happening again
    I am certain that western barbarity is not the route to peace anymore than Islamic barbarity is.

binners

Very glad the Guardia shot them all dead before they were able to trigger their body bombs…

Except they were only pretend bombs. Proving that with a few notable exceptions, your average Jihadi terrorist is… well…. a bit shit, really.

Driving vans at people as a way of mass killing is pretty desperate, and probably proof that more effective methods, ie: actual bombs are way beyond their limited capabilities.

I’m not saying its not absolutely horrific, but you need to keep a sense of perspective with events like these

jambalaya
    Free Member

We should congratulate the Spanish police for their prompt responce to the second attack.

You can’t eradicate the people but you can do a lot more to eradicate the threat

IS has been calling for exactly these types of attacks which have proven an effective tactic for Palestinian terrorists. It is time for anyone reading or accessing these sorts of communications to have their ID logged

seosamh77
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Or fed to pigs?

that’s along the same intellectual level as trump is currently promoting..

binners

It is time for anyone reading or accessing these sorts of communications to have their ID logged

And do what? What are you then going to do with the thousands of people who’s ID you’ve logged? Put them under 24-hour surveillance? Where are you going to get the manpower and resources to do that then?

Dear God! There are some really sophisticated and practical counter-terrorist measures being proposed here today

seosamh77
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member It is time for anyone reading or accessing these sorts of communications to have their ID logged

that’ll learn thum!

I get the sense the genie is out the bottle with this, sadly get used to it folks.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Except they were only pretend bombs. Proving that with a few notable exceptions, your average Jihadi terrorist is… well…. a bit shit, really.

I agree. At the moment they are “a bit shit”. However, the IRA were probably “a bit shit” in 1973 but 20 years later they managed to do this.

If that had been detonated without a warning, on a weekday, there would of been hundreds killed.

retro83
    Free Member

binners – Member

Driving vans at people as a way of mass killing is pretty desperate, and probably proof that more effective methods, ie: actual bombs are way beyond their limited capabilities.

I’m not saying its not absolutely horrific, but you need to keep a sense of perspective with events like these

There was an explosion a day or two ago which has been linked to the van incident by police although I don’t know if the link is 100% confirmed yet.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/barcelona-attack-latest-house-explosion-a7899291.html

kcr
    Free Member

IS has been calling for exactly these types of attacks which have proven an effective tactic for Palestinian terrorists. It is time for anyone reading or accessing these sorts of communications to have their ID logged

Well I guess you’re logged now, because you’ve talked about it. Wait a minute, so am I…going to have to think about this one a bit more, possibly.

flange
    Free Member

Just utterly horrible, thoughts are with both the victims and families.

Regarding dealing with the issue, fighting fire with fire merely gives the terrorist what they want. As Jim Jefferies said in his stand up about Paris, killing a load of innocents isn’t their end game – they want to foster hate & terror. To that end, using a vehicle to kill a load of people does exactly what they want. How many vans do you pass on the way to work every morning? Potentially a terror attack in waiting yeah?

It’s rare that I agree with Jamby in any of his posts but I do agree with the above – we have the technology to infiltrate attacks before they happen and I think more needs to be done with this. Sentiment analysis/big data mining is something I do a lot of at work and could be used extensively here to determine the individuals before attacks happen. Using their tactics to defeat them is exactly what they want.

As for Trump’s reaction, what an utter ****..

kimbers

Does sound like the Spanish police moved quickly & managed to stop further attacks.

As for tagging and IDing, in principle sounds like a good idea

But just look at the anti-terror hotline here, iirc both London bridge & Manchester attackers had been reported to police but, the police were too understaffed/ funded to follow up thoroughly enough. The police themselves had been warning the home secretary of this for years but she ignored them.
    That kind of monitoring is impossible of you espouse a small state & austerity!

And the pigs blood thing is perfect example of self-defeating idiocy, would only incite more violence, & idiot in chief tweeting out conspiracy theories like that are perfect propaganda for IS recruiters

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

From what I’ve read, cremation is enough.

if that is true then that is what should happen – dying is the end goal for these people – they were wearing fake bombs to ensure that they would be shot dead and then start their journey to paradise.

If they could be cremated and therefore has their suppossed path ripped out from under them, then the incentive to martyr themselves would be gone. No cleric in the west should complain as otherwise they are condoning terrorism.

seosamh77
    Free Member

dying is the end goal for these people

Dying isn’t their end goal, the end goal of isis is to set up their caliphate. Some don’t mind dying in that process. But it’s incredibly simplistic to say death and murder is their only motivation. They do have aspirations of territorial and political gains.

So, i’m struggling to see the effectiveness of this pigs blood master plan.

kimbers

But it’s incredibly simplistic to say death and murder is their only motivation.

Agreed

wilburt
    Free Member

There are people all over the web celebrating these acts which to me does suggest it needs regulating more strictly.
    Thats not going to be popular with some but could also address the issue of fake news so to me (today) seems like a reasonable cost given the benefits.

I’m not suggesting censorship btw more licensing to use the web.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sympathies to all affected – directly and indirectly

jimjam
    Free Member

seosamh77

But it’s incredibly simplistic to say death and murder is their only motivation. They do have aspirations of territorial and political gains.

Death and murder is the only motivation of the individual Islamist or group of Islamists. Obviously whoever is currently leading ISIS has bigger plans, and more broadly, Saudi Arabia plans to infect the world with their brand of Islam, exterminate the Shia’s, then the Jews, then assimilate or murder everyone else after that, but it’s not hard to argue that mayhem and murder isn’t the primary goal of people commiting mayhem and murder.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Dying isn’t their end goal, the end goal of isis is to set up their caliphate.

So why the fake bomb vests? Pretty sure dying is the end goal – ISIS recruit these losers to their cause and persuade them to do such acts based on the promise of a quick entry to paradise, and lots of Kim Kashadian lookalikes (well, apart from the butt maybe).

Why do al qaeda terrorists commit suicide then, there’s no al qaeda caliphate on the cards ?

seosamh77
    Free Member

you crack on with that jimjam, I’m sure you’ll have this solved by lunch time.

seosamh77
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

absolutely, to shut down western societies is one of their main goals imo, why would we facilitate that.

seosamh77
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member
    Dying isn’t their end goal, the end goal of isis is to set up their caliphate.
    So why the fake bomb vests? Pretty sure dying is the end goal – ISIS recruit these losers to their cause and persuade them to do such acts based on the promise of a quick entry to paradise, and lots of Kim Kashadian lookalikes (well, apart from the butt maybe).

Why do al qaeda terrorists commit suicide then, there’s no al qaeda caliphate on the cards ?

Well understanding their motivations is one of the most important things imo. I’m just not willing to accept it as ridiculously simplistic as is made out. There are a thousand different reason why someone might attack.

I don’t have all the answers, not claiming to.

jimjam
    Free Member

TurnerGuy

Because they’re broadly similar. Both believe in the principals of jihad and martyrdom and death to infidels.

Flaperon

Working with someone whose proposed solution is to kick out everyone related in any way to a suspected terrorist – friends, family, distant relatives etc.

Apparently it “worked for the Germans”. Give me strength.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

fake suicide vests are a pretty big clue to wanting ‘death by cop’.

teethgrinder

Can we have a separate thread for WMCRWKJCB reactions?

soobalias
    Free Member

i wouldn’t have thought so. if you don’t like other peoples reactions, why are you reading them?

whatever WMCRWKJCB means

spekkie
    Free Member

5 minutes silence across Spain today at midday to pay respects to the victims of the atrocities carried out yesterday.

dannyh
    Free Member

Aren’t ‘we’ meant to be cleverer than this?

Why aren’t we countering the childish and simplistic propaganda that the likes of ISIS use to win over simpletons with some of our own.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to discredit ‘commanders’ who send others to their deaths whilst continuing to enjoy their own life and the privileges of ‘rank’. Or the string-pullers who are vastly wealthy and don’t seem in any hurry to give up their earthly existence.

Just a thought……..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Big fire on the edge of BCN right now. Fingers crossed it’s not related, and even more that no one is hurt….

News from Finland not looking thay lovely, either.

wilburt
    Free Member

We are not allowed to criticise or even take the piss. Thats part of the cunning plan.

jimjam
    Free Member

dannyh – Member

Aren’t ‘we’ meant to be cleverer than this?

Why aren’t we countering the childish and simplistic propaganda that the likes of ISIS use to win over simpletons with some of our own.

It’s not exactly clever to assume that their propaganda is simplistic (or that it’s central to the issue). Equally myopic to assume they are simpletons.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Van attack in Barcelona’ is closed to new replies.