Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Van attack in Barcelona
  • retro83
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40965581

A van has ploughed into crowds in Barcelona’s Ramblas tourist area.
    Spanish police say several people have been injured in a “massive crash”, while emergency services are urging people to stay away from the area around Plaça Catalunya.

Reuters tweeted something about gunmen going into a restaurant, nobody else reporting that yet AFAIK

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/898209971955007488/photo/1?

bails

Ah sh*t 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Bastard ran off too. Don’t see reports of him being caught 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    renton
    Free Member

Wtf is wrong with people ??

retro83
    Free Member

Sky are reporting hostages have been taken

Two armed men have taken hostages in a Turkish restaurant in the capital of Catalonia after a crash, according to local media.

http://news.sky.com/story/van-hits-crowd-in-massive-crash-in-barcelona-10992725

P-Jay
    Free Member

Oh ffs.

Anyone who’s ever been to that area knows just how packed it is too.

Arseholes.

soobalias
    Free Member

never visited in Aug, but out of season the plaza catalunya and las ramblas can be rammed at peak times

Drac

****!

gordimhor

Shite indeed. My sister was there just a couple of weeks ago.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I do hope they crack down on white vans now.

ctk
    Free Member

Eh?

ctk
    Free Member

So easy to commit an attack, hope its not as bad as the South of France one.

Jamie
    Free Member

****s.

Haze

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Happy memories of playing at a club near the Ramblas in the 1980’s and strolling along post-gig for after performance refreshments.

Insanity.

No news yet of motivation…

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

No news yet of motivation

Unfortunately not that hard to guess tho

andos

Im working here at the moment, such a tragedy for this beautiful vibrant city.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

apparently he’s been arrested…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

what if it were some of those people protesting about the number of tourists in Barcelona?

this will certainly help reduce them

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Been in Barcelona for the last 11 days on holiday with my wife and two teenage daughters. Flew home today, was on Las Ramblas this morning. My wife and daughters were mooching about exactly where the attack happened yesterday afternoon, I’d gone back to the apartment to drink beer in the cool tub. Bloody scary stuff

Thoughts to all those involved and hope the number of fatalities doesn’t rise.

wilburt
    Free Member

what if it were some of those people protesting about the number of tourists in Barcelona?

You’re trying a little too hard, lets watch it unfold.

retro83
    Free Member

13 fatalities, 50+ wounded 🙁

19:23
    Regional interior minister Joaquim Forn has confirmed 13 people have been killed and more than 50 injured

http://news.sky.com/story/live-van-ploughs-into-crowd-in-barcelona-10992730

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The creatures who commit atrocities such as this are cowardly oxygen thieves & should be exterminated if possible.
    & you can stick your ‘human rights/arrested/sent for trial/go to prison’ bollox.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bbc reporting a spanish paper saying one attacker killed by police in a town just to the west of barca.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Second van hired at the same time traced to Vic and police looking for a Moroccan linked to the hire of the vehicles

spekkie
    Free Member

This is horrible 🙁

bigblackshed

My BiL & SiL & niece & nephew are there at the moment. Right in the middle of it. They were told to hide indoors until given the all clear. Last we heard they were taking refuge in a cafe.

Waiting for an update.

Terrorists are the scum of the earth.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Im working here at the moment, such a tragedy for this beautiful vibrant city.

This. Thoughts and prayers are with those killed and injured and their loved ones.

My daughter and her now husband lived there for 3 years, they are celebrating his 30th in San Sebastian but could easily have chosen to go back to Barcelona.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Let us know when you hear that they’re all safe bigblackshed. Horrible stuff.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Many reports possibly some not correct including that terrorists struck outside a Kosher restaurant and some victims where shot.

Drac

Can we please concentrate this thread on accurate updates and marks of respect please.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have seen a video of scenes inside the Kosher restaurant on lock-down. No casualties visible. FWIW it took the mainstream media a YEAR to admit Chouabily”s original target was a Jewish school not the Supermarket. The mainstream media have never reported that the Bataclan is a Jewish owned business.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Horrible to have yet another one of these.

Hopefully one day there will be no more and innocent lives are not lost

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-owners-recently-sold-pariss-bataclan-theater-where-is-killed-dozens/

sold two months before the attack but please no side bar PLEASE
    Mods leaving the thread to be clear but the truth is important.

chewkw
    Free Member

My sympathy to those unfortunate ones.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

FFS. Close this thread now. The usual sh1tmonkeys are gathering.

Jamie
    Free Member

lets all tip toe around now and not say anything that might offend anyone.

Like what? Islamic State claims responsibility. They are a bunch of massive ****s.

Mackem

Excuse me, it’s “SO CALLED” Islamic State.

pk13

13 dead so far. Terrorists really are utter plums

bigblackshed

UPDATE.

My BiL & SiL are all safe and heading back to their hotel. Their coach was waiting for two people who were missing, but finally turned up. We can breathe again now. They are due to travel back on Wednesday, can’t come soon enough.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I would like to point out that Maajid Nawaz is currently presenting the 10am-1pm weekday show on LBC and in my view it is very worth listening to – I find him very reasoned and fair – and he will surely be discussing this incident.

Whereas a lot of the other presenters seems to feed on the same type of reactionary stuff as the tabloids use to get their readers, he is very forthright with his views and doesn’t pussy-foot around with PC stuff – equally hammering the mistaken views of both sides – and he really seems to know, and critisize where appropriate, his religion and, having been a former extremist, also has valid viewpoints there.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/maajid-nawaz/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maajid_Nawaz

It’s a talk show so anyone here who has strong opinions, that wants them validated or challanged, should consider phoning in.

Unfortunately his weekend show is being hosted by that annoying Owen Jones, so he won’t be on this weekend I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Van attack in Barcelona’ is closed to new replies.