Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Valve hole adapters/gromits for rims
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Does anyone know where one can get those little rubber gromits to reduce the size of the valve hole in rims? I have some rims which are drilled for Schraeder and I want to use Presta valves which have a narrower stem. I have a set of wheels with these little rubber things in which do the job nicely, just not sure where to buy.

Cheers!

Mowgli
    Free Member

Thanks!

lorax

I just bought some of these http://www.unicycle.uk.com/valve-grommet.html – good price and arrived very quickly (and no, I don’t have a unicycle!)

breadcrumb

I used presta valves in schraeder drilled rims with no grommet, had no issues whatsoever.

BearBack
    Free Member

New stock continental inner tubes have a Step shouldered knurled stem ring that will locate a presta valve centrally in a schreader hole.
    Not sure if that description makes sense .

Brother_Will
    Free Member

New stock continental inner tubes have a Step shouldered knurled stem ring that will locate a presta valve centrally in a schreader hole.
    Not sure if that description makes sense .

It makes perfect sense schwable have been doing the same thing with their presta tubes for years.

Speshpaul

A little bit of rubber/plastic hose will do the trick as well.
    But you won’t with out them, (that said i was OCD enough about them to find a pice of hose that would fit :D)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Valve hole adapters/gromits for rims’ is closed to new replies.