• This topic has 16 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nre.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Value of Trance frame with small dent in seatstay…?
  • nre
    Free Member

Quick opinion poll, how much would you expect the frame to sell for with this dent:

Damage was done 18months ago, as discussed here:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dent-in-trance-seatstay

Consensus from various sources (inc Giant UK) was to continue riding it. Been ridden regularly since with no issues.

It’s a 20″ (L) 2008 Trance X2 with Fox Float R shock (which was recently checked by TFT and given the OK).

Condition otherwise good, just the usual cable rub and small marks.

Thoughts?

br
    Free Member

Not as much as you want?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Too unusal to be accurate IMO, without dent it might be worth £250…estimate £50 off for dent?

chakaping
    Free Member

I was going to say £200, great minds think alike eh Al?

I sold a reasonable condition 2008 Trance frame (the 4″ one) with Pushed shock for £270ish I think a while ago.

cynic-al
    Free Member

*high fives*

Mister-P
    Free Member

How much would a replacement part be?

nre
    Free Member

Got a quote from Giant UK at the time for £150 for a replacement rear end. There must be some written off front triangles with perfectly serviceable rear ends hidden away somewhere – I’ve just never found one!

sv

serviceable rear ends

😆

nre
    Free Member

😀

Did I really type that…?

jamesb
    Free Member

well I never got the £250 odd on ebay I was asking for a 06 Trance with just cable rubs on it so i reckon youd be lucky to get £100 tops with that damage. It seems to me that the value of second hand bike frames / bits is very low indeed ):

wwaswas

*Hijack*

Mister P – can you email (in profile)? I’ve only got your work address (and think you may not be there).

Ta and apologies.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I as going by RobJ selling his newer giant (for £300 IIRC) & 08 being a bit older. 06 is now pretty old!

jamesb
    Free Member

06 may well be old but it has less than 1500 miles use and NO abuse. Anyway as no-one was interested I`ll hang on to it and maybe build up into a lightish FS build

nre
    Free Member

I sold my previous 06 frame for £225 a couple of years back so £200 ish for my current 08 with ding sounds about right…

Cheers chaps.

sv

Nice frame – getting £200 shouldnt be a problem IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Put it on ebay and you may get a fair bit more, but close to Christmas is a riotten time to sell s/h bikes.

nre
    Free Member

Yep may well hang on for a bit, just working out rough budget for the replacement – poor time to sell but good time to buy 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Value of Trance frame with small dent in seatstay…?’ is closed to new replies.