Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Value of my bike…
  • rideforlife2
    Free Member

Not really looking forward to responses because second hand bikes always seem to lose a ton of value but here goes.

This is my 2014 Ragley Piglet 2 which I built up from scratch as my first bike:

Frame – Ragley Piglet 21″ Orange Squash
    Brakes – Shimano XT 160mm Disc
    Fork – Rockshox Reba RL 120mm QR White Crown Lockout 1.125″ Steerer
    BB – Shimano XT/SLX/Zee Bottom Bracket
    Chainring – Raceface N/W 34T
    Rear Mech – Shimano SLX 10 Speed Medium M670 GS Black
    Mech Shifter – SLX Gear Shifter SL-M670 10-Speed Right
    Cassette – Shimano HG62 10 Speed MTB Cassette 11-36t
    Cranks – Shimano SLX Crankset 10-Speed M660
    Wheels – Fulcrum Red Power XL QR
    Tyres – Continental Rubber Queen Wire 26×2.2
    Pedals – Shimano M530 SPD Trail MTB Pedals
    Seatpost – Rockshox Reverb (New)
    Saddle – SDG Bell-Air Black
    Stem – Gusset Staff 60mm Black 31.8mm
    Bars – Easton EA50 Riser Bar Hi Rise 40mm
    Grips – ODI Ruffian Lock-On Grip-Black Clamp-Black

It is in very good condition due to slight OCD when maintaining it.
    What do you think?

Thanks

Edit – And yes, my bike is kept inside 🙂

cheekyget
    Free Member

I asked something similar the other week….the main response is to break it up and sell the parts

It’s what I’m going to do on my sworks stumpjumper…..shame really

rideforlife2
    Free Member

Oh fair enough, hadn’t thought of doing that.

superstu
    Free Member

Not a huge amount. You have some nice parts, what are you building next or replacing this with? Things like the brakes drivetrain and reverb will (may) port across and save you money on the build.

It’s a relatively inexpensive frame in an unfashionable wheel size, and you’re obviously a tall person which means your fame size makes it less appealing for 90% who will want a smaller frame.

kerley
    Free Member

Agree that is will make more money breaking up and selling if you can be bothered to sell/deal with 10 spirit items.
    Use the completed sell filter on eBay to see what the parts go for and that will tell you if the extra is worth the effort as you can’t sell all of the parts (i.e chain, grips)

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

That’s really nice, and I’d try for a complete bike sale and see if you’ve any takers. Assuming it’s a 26 I’d maybe not sell the parts until you know you’ve sold the frame. Otherwise you may be left with an expensive frame that nobody wants.

rideforlife2
    Free Member

Thanks all, really just trying to get some money out of it for a new bike thats a lot lighter and more xc orientated so looks like breaking it may be the best way to go.

epicyclo

For what you’ll get for it, stick it in the attic.

Then round about the time you would start feeling regret at selling it, you’ll feel the urge to ride it again.

Then you’ll realise why you wanted to sell it…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

500-600, I’d say.

rideforlife2
    Free Member

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more than £400 😉

chestrockwell

Always split for max return.

chestrockwell

You’d be lucky to get anywhere near £600 imo. Your £400 estimate is more like it but you might even struggle at that.

mike399
    Free Member

Id buy a cheap post of the classified and sell complete minus reverb. I reckon 500 quid for full bike… Then either sell reverb for another 120 or so, or keep it for next bike.
    But thats me…

monkeyboyjc

Full bike £500 ish
    Split £600-650.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not so sure with splitting like a lot say you have plenty of postage costs and you have to sell it all.MTB market sales are not that great at the minute.Its hard to sell things these days.Its a shame I use to buy a bike use it for couple of years then sell it and get something else just don’t bother now.In the last 2 years the only bikes I have sold have been road bikes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Value of my bike…’ is closed to new replies.