• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Rip.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Value (hydration pack content)
  • Tinners

I've been using them both and I've come to a decision.
    No way is this worth more that three times this.

dawson

whats the quality like?

Buy cheap, buy twice?

Other than nice things are reason enough themselves? but yes its a bag with water in it

Tinners

I agree with the buy cheap buy twice ethos, but I've been genuinely surprised by this. I actually bought the Tesco pack last year on offer at less than £10. "Nothing to lose", I thought. It has not caused any problem at all and is still as good as new. My son wanted a pack and I've donated it to him and bought a Mule because I thought it would be way better. It's not, you know. OK it is better but not even twice as good let alone several times the price. King's new clothes, gentlemen?

bighendo
    Free Member

point taken, but horses for courses…
    id sup the 1.5l before i was out the car park!!
    not much room for a waterproof etc
    i`ve had my Northface hammerhead donkeys years
    use it daily on my commute
    and if you put water in the bladder
    4 hours later it tastes like…..
    …..water!! 🙂

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I had something similar to that.

the straps both bust during Sleepless and the zips died quite quickly. The bladder lasted a while but bacteria'd up a lot quicker than a fancier one.

I find Dakine ones to be the best balance between price and awesomeness. They're rather excellent. The zips are huge and there's plenty of room.

aracer
    Free Member

id sup the 1.5l before i was out the car park!!

Ah, so you're one of these people who needs to carry 3l (and the kitchen sink) on a short ride?

Why is 6l cargo space not enough? Personally I normally carry a small seatpack with tubes and a few tools, a hydration backpack which has about 0.5l of cargo space and what fits in my roadie jersey pockets. All that lot certainly wouldn't fill 6l – what essential kit am I leaving behind when I go riding?

MrNutt
    Free Member

hairdryer?

Tinners

The actual bag itself is as comfortable to wear, the fabric is as tough, the zips haven't broken and it carries the same kit transferred over with no more free space, despite what spec says. It's even suspiciously similar in construction. The bladder isn't as big, granted, and the Camelbak bladder is better quality, but that's easy to replace and still cheaper. Honestly, I was expecting problems and far worse and it hasn't materialised.
    Memories of working in a cake factory as a student. Memory Lane version = middle price, M&S version = top price, Sainsburies version = cheapest. Same cake, different box. Same production line. Camelbak is better, but not by much an no way enough to justify the massive markup. Seriously.

Rip
    Free Member

and is this really worth more than 35 times this and which would you rather be seen with/on?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Value (hydration pack content)’ is closed to new replies.