Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Value Head torch – confusion
  • pedlad

I’ve a 3 year old Fenix torch which is now completely overawed by my fantastic Trout Lumen Liberator on the bars. It also just packs up as soon as it gets anywhere near zero degrees. Thinking I need to get something better but really haven’t a big budget so wondering if there is any recommendations for something which has good helmet mounting. Ideally I think something with an integrated battery would be best, but happy for a small battery pack on back of helmet

I’ve had a look at the DX site for magic shines as these seem to get a good write up but totally confused by the long threads and site iteself. Any pointers would be great, ta

takisawa2

Click P7 torch works well on top. Tool of choice for our reg night ride group.

Alpha1653

Not the brightest but sufficient if you’re on a budget:

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16345&category_id=253

I’ve got a set of Ayups on my bars and this on my helmet. Does the job.

KonaTC

On seeing one of these used as a head torch I have ordered one. £40; light, batteries, mount and charger The seller should have some more in stock soon

pedlad

thanks for the replies – that last ebay one looks good. The link to the dealextreme products thread again led me to confusion. Are those Li ion cells less prone to the cold than my Ni mh AA rechargeables which keep failing in the fenix do you think?

takisawa2

pedlad, never had a problem & had a good few sub-zero rides over last 2yrs.
    Was down to 2c last night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Value Head torch – confusion’ is closed to new replies.