Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Value Carbon 29er race frame recommendations
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

I’d like to hear ideas about which frame to go with this season, I have a budget of £900 so anything in that ball park including good deals at the moment would be great!

I need an XL frame too!
    thanks
    Bruce

ianfitz
    Free Member

Something from the east? Flyxii make some nice looking frames that would be way under you budget. I know do wine who has abused one for the last 2 years and it has survived intact!

Painey
    Free Member

Stuff from China is pretty good. I know people who have had the quality of their stuff looked at in detail by experts and it’s comparable to what you’ll get elsewhere for a lot more money.

IA

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s155p4835/GIANT-XTC-COMPOSITE-29ER-3-2013

1k complete so close to budget, poverty spec kit that you’d want rid of, but either build it onto something cheaper for a winter/second bike, or sell it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is that budget frame only? What parts you putting on it?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

hardtail?

Whytes are nice and long, if you can find a 2015 version.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ICAN? I’m seriously tempted and they’re very popular (well, in a tribal/marmite kinda way) on MTBR.

If it’s frame only, Pauls have soem Cannondale Flash’s for £1700-£2k, sell your wheels and forks to cover the difference?

jwh
    Free Member

I took a gamble on an ICAN 29er and i can says that’s its fantastic.

Its built up as an XC / come race bike and weighs about 24lbs ( using the guess a weight compared to all my others ) built up with 100mm rev’s and iCAN carbon wheels and running 1×10.

It a really quick bike and handles my local trials with easy. ( north York moors Guisborough forest ).
    Its no enduro bike – but then its never going to be.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I have recently bought Chinese wheels and post and the service is amazing. The post for example arrived quicker than a hub from Germany. The quality of both items is very good.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have bought some Carbon 29er Forks, Carbon Seat post and a frame from Aliexpress within the last month.
    All transactions have gone smoothly and all items appear to be decent quality, I have had torches shone down inside to inspect the internals and all looks good, no loose fibres, newspaper, bits on cement etc that the horror stories would have you believe.

Definitely worth investigating further Flyxii ,Hongfu and Ican all seem to have fairly decent reputations as Chinese manufacturers go.

cheers_drive

Complete Canyon and sell the bits you don’t need

theflatboy
    Free Member

I was looking at some stuff online earlier and was reminded of this thread – Flyxii stuff is on Amazon, loads of it on there and you’re going through a UK retailer so presumably get UK Sale of Goods Act protection…

Amazon – Flyxii

bigjim

I built up an on-one lurcher for about £750, if there are any of them left. It goes like stink, well impressed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Value Carbon 29er race frame recommendations’ is closed to new replies.