• This topic has 56 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • VALERIAN – Sci-fi film – summer release, by Luc Besson (Fifth Element fame)
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Cougar, I had the same feeling when I was told the Scottish government were releasing a universal travel card by the same name. Endless hilarity.

Cougar

[like]

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Fifth Element remains one of my favourite Sci-fi films, gloriously OTT and beautifully realised.

AlexSimon

I really enjoyed Subway and Nikita when they came out. Anyone seen them recently, have they dated well?

Watched those, Leon and Le Grand Bleu a couple of years ago. Thought there were all excellent and was wishing for a return to form from him.
    This doesn’t look like it will be the kind of thing I was hoping for, but it could still be enjoyable.

I still enjoy 5th Element. Mooltipass/Aziz LIGHT!/another Zorg invention still get used in our house 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhhh Christ !! That trailer ^^ its… its…. just….. CGI 😐

I hope there is a God Damn STORY to follow !!!!

I’m less hopeful.

Daffy

“Chicken – Good…”

“Gimme de cashhh…..”

retro83
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    Is it me or is the music in this trailer ‘Gangster’s Paradise’ by Coolio?

Sounds like it, but it was nabbed by coolio from a Stevie Wonder song.

AlexSimon

Clive Owen sounds like a poor man’s Alan Rickman

drlex
    Free Member
    mikey74
    Free Member

I thought it looked shit, when I saw the trailer the other day. It still amazes how they can make such advanced graphics technology look so naff.

Empire aren’t as positive as the above link:

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/valerian-city-thousand-planets/review/

MSP

It looks visually stunning, but the 2 lead characters (especially the male one) just look wrong somehow, he looks like a schoolkid not a secret agent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😐

thepurist

So it’s turned out to be a beautiful incoherent mess? TAKE MY MONEY!

onandon
    Free Member

Saw this last night.

A solid 3 out of 10. Dane DeHaan Is possibly one of the worst leads EVER in an action film.
    he basically killed it for me and I couldn’t take it seriously with his mumbling tones.

CGI was impressive but I’d rather watch 5th element in black & white on a mono 14inch TV than watch this again.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The Fifth Element remains one of my favourite Sci-fi films, gloriously OTT and beautifully realised.

Or the 5th elephant as my wife called it.

CountZero

I really enjoyed Subway and Nikita when they came out. Anyone seen them recently, have they dated well?

Haven’t watched either in years, I did watch the Nikita series, and I even watched the American scene-for-scene remake, for my sins, which was…ok.
    Subway was fun, as I recall, but not terribly coherent, my favourite Frence noir film from that period has always been Diva, though.

MSP

Nikita is still excellent, as is Leon.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘VALERIAN – Sci-fi film – summer release, by Luc Besson (Fifth Element fame)’ is closed to new replies.