Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Val d'Allos bike park, France. Anyone been?
  • Legoman
    Free Member

We’re off to the Verdon in a couple of weeks and it looks like his place is within striking distance for a day trip.

Info on the website looks a bit limited, although the map shows uplifts, plenty of trails, a bike park/skills area etc

Just wondered if anyone’s been & whether it’s worth the effort of a visit.

Cheers.

Legoman
    Free Member

Anyone?

timidwheeler

I’m going to bump this as we are considering the area for next year. Can you post the link to the map Legoman, as my googlefoo is poor tonight?

Legoman
    Free Member

Timid, will do tonight. I’m away from home and only got my phone & slow connection right now.

Legoman
    Free Member

Here you go Timid
    Link

timidwheeler

Cheers, if you do go, please post a review.
    Have a great holiday.

ianv
    Free Member

It is an ace little park. More enduro than full on Dh but the tracks are fun and varies. The scène is friendly and relaxed and thé area is really beautiful.

Descents from the col d’allos are brillant but you need à shuttle or 800m of road climbing. Thérè are other marked xc options à bit down the valley
    Pra loup is not far away for à change and There are marked trials round barcellonette .

It is à really good area, possibly m’y favorite part of the alps and the weather is an added bonus.

Legoman
    Free Member

Hi ianv – think it was you that originally mentioned the place to me on a thread a few months ago.

Do you think my Anthem will cope with the terrain, or will I be a bit out of my depth on a short travel bike?

You seem to have a good knowledge of the area – do you know of any trails in the Castellane area (ideally riding from the town, or close to it), as that’s where we’ll be based?

Cheers, Paul.

ianv
    Free Member

There is a great ride round the lake above castallane towards Allos. Can’t remember the name of the town I started in , get the vtopo guide and there are loads of rides in the verdon/Allos/castallane area, all good!

For the majority of stuff (in the park and outside) anthem should work if you are comfortable on it. The trails felt more fun for me on an enduro than a stinky. If you have something bigger I would take it for the park though, it will be more fun.

Go, it’s a great place.

torihada
    Free Member

I rode the Vall d’Allos bike park last year (video of the blue, red & black runs):

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEJBi49gxM[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o67fbjwfXlg[/video]

I was on an Orange 5, got rattled about a bit, but trails were nice. Sort of DH-lite. You’ll have the place to yourself, unlikely to be a bike in front of you when you hit the lifts and the trails should be dry & rocky.

Definitely worth a day trip, but that’s all. There are plenty of other non-park trails to ride and usually the local tourist office will have info sheets with VTT routes.

Legoman
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys.
    Looking forward to it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Val d'Allos bike park, France. Anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.