Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Vague steering and scary on the steep downs – not liking new bar/stem combo!
  • br
    Free Member

I’m the same height/build as you and have a 20″ 456Ti (had a steel one before).

Played with many bits and pieces but have settled on a 140mm Thor fork, 711mm Easton DH carbon bar and an On One 60mm stem.

It rides great and still gives me plenty of breathing space; not managed a 100 miler , but done plenty of 40/50/60’s.

tinsy
    Free Member

Is it the image or are the bars on the 456 set so they droop at the ends? I think they should be more back & upsweep than droopsweep, its not your true problem but will lift the bars a bit..

How did the 100 go?

It is very low at the front, yes the frame can take 100 forks as the name suggests, but even from those images its clearly a lot lower at the front than your old bike. IE the relationship of saddle to bar height rather than height off the floor.

marvincooper

Well, I got my 80mm stem and did my “test ride” at the Kielder 100 last weekend. It was so much better! Spot-on, in fact. I got a 25 degree one so it is quite high, I will play around with dropping it down on the spacers. But anyway, thanks for the advice. I never would have thought 20mm could make so much difference!

andyl
    Free Member

result!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Vague steering and scary on the steep downs – not liking new bar/stem combo!’ is closed to new replies.