Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • VAG diesel – real world mpg's
  • 4ndyB
    Free Member

1.9TDi 130bhp '05 Ibiza FR, 37k miles, FSH

Usually have roof bars & carriers on* & it averages ~45mpg overall (town driving, A roads & motorways)

~50mpg if I take it relatively easy, ~40mpg if I'm having a bit of fun

* obviously I would get better economy without them, but one of my jobs means that I need to use them a few times a week, so on they stay.

krag
    Free Member

Golf TDI 130 Mk4

I get 40 with a heavy right foot but the missus gets closer to 50. A roads n stuff it'll do 45 easily, best I've seen is 60 in the Alps.

bigG
    Free Member

VW Bora 1.9 TDi 130, 118k miles. Drove it like I stole it most of the time and got 48mpg average, thats with roof bars and thule carriers on it permanently.

But now I have a company car and the Bora is sitting looking for a new home

G

Flaperon

No.

I drive a Passat TDI and used to live on Dartmoor. Carefully driven, with a warm engine, you'll probably get about 48mpg.

Set off from cold and boot it up all the hills and you can expect about 44.

Dave.

singletrackmind

01 Passat pd100.
    55mpg usually, up to 65mpg at best accelerating slowly up to around 60mph, using the overun fuel cut off facility wherever possible.
    Never booted it over any distance, but I reckon high 30's maybe . It is 1.5ton after all.
    By a Xsara with an XUD engine and run it on clean veg oil blended with derv if you want something you can thrash and not worry about thefuel costs

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘VAG diesel – real world mpg's’ is closed to new replies.