Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • VacuumTrackWorld – which hoover?
  • spacemonkey

Dyson DC07 has just given up the ghost after 6 yrs of decent enough service, but would like something different. Don’t fancy the ball design as friends and MIL aren’t impressed. Must have the suction of a black hole as we have furry children fur all year round.

What say y’all? Ta

tomfun

Just get a Henry. They are the dogs danglies.

nickjb
    Free Member

What do you mean by something different?

spacemonkey

Yeah, I’m up for a Henry but the missus doesn’t like them for some unknown reason.

Something different = not a Dyson.

qwerty
    Free Member
    northernmatt

Sebo X4 Pet. We have one, could suck a golf ball through a garden hose*

* yet to be proven, haven’t tried but it sucks more than a sucky thing

brakes
    Free Member

had another ask recently – thread from last month

I still stand by my Sebo, although it did eat a toy the other day which wasn’t pretty

scuttler

Miele – either upright or drag-thingie.

fivespot
    Free Member

Sebo…..used by many hotels because they work and keep on working. We did have a Dyson years ago, that when working , worked well. But it was like a mini job creation scheme. Broken wires, broken handle, worn wheel pivots/bearings, cracked plastic parts and so on. My mother has a Miele which maybe good but weighs that much she barely uses it. To put it in mtb terms, the Sebo is like an XC hoover and the Miele is more DH. Whats your terrain like 8)

spacemonkey

Never heard of Sebo til now. It may be good …

… but it sure as hell looks like the Binatone of its day!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I asked this same question recently myself and bought the light weight Vax Air 3 like THIS ONE

Twice as good and twice as light as the upright dyson it replaced, it’s great to maneuver as well.

Buy one you won’t regret it

mrmoofo

Henrys are contemptable things … top heavy, so they always fall over, the roller design means it aways snags on it’s own cable , and falls over, and the brim of the “hat” now has sticky out pieces that snag on door ways etc – and it fall over …
    They are unbelievably shit – can only assume a good design made worse – as 10 billion cleaners around the world can’t be wrong!!

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I got one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Compact-Cleaner-Bsgl3126gb-Performance/dp/B0039JEM1M – amazing performance for something so small.

jd-boy
    Free Member

get a HETTY the pink version of HENRY. we love ours why more usefull than an overprised plastic Dyson. can be used all over the home and the car and with the extra suck red button its the TITs 🙂

spooky_b329

We had a Vax cylinder, after which we vowed never to get another Vax. We then had a Samsung cylinder which was really good, then a Hoover upright which went back in 48hrs as its long stretchy hose was useless, as soon as you turned it on the suction pulled the hose so hard the upright fell over, also the beater bar stayed on even when the machine was ‘parked’ so you had to manually raise the height when using the tools otherwise it knackers the carpet, the final straw was it snapped its belt the second time it was used.

Ended up going back on my word and getting a Vax upright, much better, stretchy hose stays stretched when the machine is on, beater bar turns off when upright and you can turn it off manually as well so dirt doesn’t get flicked around the kitchen, and its lower profile than the hoover so fits under all the furniture like the cylinders used to. Only problem is the hose keeps falling off but I think the stickers all over it say don’t return to the shop, they will sort any problems…

BigJohn

You can get a wet & dry cleaner from Wickes for about £50 and I use it all the time connected up to my circular saw and router. The household implements are a bit flimsy but as a powerful cleaner it’s great.

calumf50
    Free Member

I had a Vax ‘pet’ hoover it only lasted 6 months before it lost its suction. The guarantee is not worth F.A. either as they just try and find a reason why they wont honour it.

I have now got a £27 Karcher (with a six month warranty) as a stop gap, and it has been excellent so far. Especially like the simple design. Its doesnt need bags either…

moniex
    Free Member

Miele, you just can’t kill them!

spacemonkey

I’m wary of VAX TBH. Had one before the Dyson and it was most uninspiring even though its reviews were glowing.

Can’t believe the choice!

fivespot
    Free Member

spacemonkey thats the one we have. All I can say is it works. Occasionally change the bag when its full. THATS IT 😉

tacopowell
    Free Member

Here’s me getting caught chatting up Hetty at Glasto few years back, I wanted to take her back home but the Missus wasn’t willing to replace our Henry, truth be told I got a real thing for him, great vacuum cleaner. 😉

zigzag69
    Free Member

Panasonic. I’ve had 2 in 15 years. And the only reason it’s 2 is that I had to leave the first one when I moved back from the US.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We got a Henry a few months ago and if it came to a choice I think my other half would pick Henry over me. But as long as she’s happy.

properbikeco
    Free Member

panasonic 592

6 year warranty, and they have spent the money on the bits that matter

excellent vacuum

rbrstr
    Free Member

+1 for Hetty here. amazeballs

sweepy
    Free Member

Loads of people seem to like Henrys, and you often hear the ‘Well professional cleaners use them so they must be good’ line. Thing is none of those cleaners chose them, they were provided by bosses who really didn’t give a flying **** how effective they were as long as they were cheap, and just good enough.

I used to be a cleaner and I hate them.

Kuco

I like my Henry.

Tom-B
    Free Member

**** me it’s a hoover. Who cares!!!!

sweepy
    Free Member

Now i’m not compelled to use one- not me

carlosg
    Free Member

We’ve got a Vax air3 too , only a couple of weeks in but it’s surprised us how mucky our carpet was. It came with a 6 year warranty (that hopefully won’t be needed). We went for the Vax mainly due to the fact it was nearly 1/2 the price of an equivelent Dyson (read Yorkshire cheapskate 😆 )

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Meile Downhill cat and dog vacuum FTW!

Greybeard
    Free Member

+1 for Sebo. We have the cylinder type (k1?), small and light, sucks very well, has a good filter so you’re not just redistributing the very fine particles (bacteria?)

tomaso
    Free Member

My old Dyson was ok but not as good as the AEG before it or the Miele after it. I have got over having to buy bags…

unovolo
    Free Member

Miele, you just can’t kill them!

Well I managed to kill one,it was good while it worked.
    Have also killed 2 dyson vacs, my longest lived Vac so far was a cheap Philips Drag along from TJ hughes which lasted 5years.
    Recently replaced by a Numatic James(Henrys little brother)so far so good.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Miele cylinder. Easier to use than a push (better for your back) and just a nicely built thing that works. Bags are a £1 a pop though which is a drawback but then they’re allegedly ‘better’ than bag free….

cinnamon_girl

Miele cylinder – it’s the only Miele product of mine that hasn’t needed to get fixed. Distinctly unimpressed with their other white goods.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Another vote for the Sebo X4 Pet.

We’ve had dysons from the dc01 and were sick of replacing them every couple of years.

The sebo has been great so far and the suction power is far far better than the dyson, as is the build quality. You can actually feel it sucking the carpet up.

thorpie
    Free Member

My Dyson’s motor went bang yesterday and burnt out, only 3 years old. Fortunately they have a 5 year guarantee so an engineer is coming out next week to hopefully fix it! Always Dyson for me.

avdave2

We bought a seebo after a dyson died in a couple of years based on the fact that they were the choice of all the guys in the local shop we bought it from for their own homes. Still made in Germany as well just proving you don’t have to export your manufacturing to make a profit.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was loyal to the dyson brand until a found a product that was far better. Dyson is all brash and ‘look at me’, sebo just gets on with doing the job very well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘VacuumTrackWorld – which hoover?’ is closed to new replies.