Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • VacuumCleanerTrackWorld
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

Our trusty 12 year old 1700W Elextrolux vacuum cleaner has finally died and I’m after recommendations for a new machine. We’ve got wood corridors, tiled kitchen, carpeted stairs and bedrooms. 2 cats and a dog that moult.

Looking for a machine that could pick up the hair/fur off the carpet would be great, so I’m thinking a powered head.

What do the STW pet owners recommend?

gobuchul
    Free Member

This thread will quickly turn into the 34 vacuum cleaner camps.

Sebo/Miele/Dyson/Henry

I have a Sebo and think Dysons are shite!

Quick edit, forgot about the Henry.

Drac – How dare you strike the pinnacle of German Engineering from the list!!

Drac

This thread will quickly turn into the 3 vacuum cleaner camps.

SeboHenry/Miele/Dyson

I have a Dyson and think others are shite!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

May be harder to find 1700w and above at some point…

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/hoovering-them-upcustomers-buy-last-powerful-vacuum-cleaners-before-eu-ban.1409553148

I can’t justify spending hundreds on a vac, and have a Hoover Petsmart, similar to this, going strong for 3 years and very powerful

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Hoover-SE1600-Smart-Express-Upright-Vacuum-Cleaner-in-White-Red/id-HOO-UVC-SE1600-W?gclid=CNDY6NWX3sACFUjHtAodtW0ASg&gclsrc=aw.ds

edit: this is the exact model ive got with the included pet hair attached which works great (paid £50 from argos at time)

http://www.hoover.co.uk/small-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/upright-vacuum-cleaners/th71sm02001-smart-bagless-pets-upright-vacuum-cleaner/

chip
    Free Member

Have always had vax at home for years now.

But for cheap/bullet proof work use has to be Henry.

takisawa2

We have a Bissel upright, that you can lift out the middle bit & walk around with. It’s ace to use.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Well, I’ve bought none of the above! Thanks for the recommendations though. I’ve gone for a Vax Pet thingy model: http://www.vax.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/upright-vacuum-cleaners/u87-ma-p

John Lewis are Price matching it with a competitor so it is reduced from £219 to £99.99 and has a 6 year guarantee. The filters are all washable so no need to replace them.

Testing shortly

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’ve never been able to wash a HEPA filter without it stinking to high hell a week after drying, there must be a technique to it lol

£99 is a cracking price!

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Well that was a waste of time. Mrs Lazgoat hates it, refunded it before we picked it up. Back to the drawing board…

garage-dweller

We have a henry and a big Dyson upright.

Both are great. The Henry is imo better value for money, seems better on harder floors and much more convenient for car hovering duties but the Dyson probably has the edge on the carpets.

andyl
    Free Member

Well that was a waste of time. Mrs Lazgoat hates it, refunded it before we picked it up. Back to the drawing board…

It’s a vacuum cleaner. Tell her to live with it.

For the record we have an older Vax pet model and it’s got a hell of a suck on it still. I like Dysons when they work but the filters clog and can’t be washed. Also have a Meile which I was impressed at. The vax has more suck though but is bloody noisy.

got a Karcher for workshop duties where it is excellent. But crap in the house when we had to use it due to the Vax cable getting snagged, Meile filling it’s bag (and not having a spare) and Dyson filters getting clogged.

chip
    Free Member

Our 5 year old vax got very noisy, rang customers services and let him hear it over the phone.
    Sent out a brand new top of the range replacement straight away without sending the old one back.

It did go to the tip but meant we was not left without a Hoover while waiting for the new one.

Excellent Hoover, excellent service.

It may not be as bling as a dyson but it’s a Hoover and it works.

andyl
    Free Member

Our 5 year old vax got very noisy, rang customers services and let him hear it over the phone.
    Sent out a brand new top of the range replacement straight away without sending the old one back.

It did go to the tip but meant we was not left without a Hoover while waiting for the new one.

Excellent Hoover, excellent service.

It may not be as bling as a dyson but it’s a Hoover and it works.Have you got a Vax or a Hoover?

chip
    Free Member

It’s a vax Hoover,
    I sometimes attach it to my makita skil saw.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can’t you just buy a new filter for the Dyson? I’ve had a Dyson animal for the last 12 years. Been a bit Ship of Theseus. But has been great

andyl
    Free Member

You can but they are sold as “washable”. In reality I’ve never been able to get all the crap out and the only way to get the excellent cleaning back is a new filter.

Kind of defeats the point of having a bagless vacuum cleaner if you have to spend £12-15 on new filters quite regularly.

Drac

I run our filters under the tap they come out like new.

alibongo001

I have had a couple of new Vax’s with their warranty

We bought a max Air (i think!) a while ago and they work well, with good suction. After a while the bearings on the brush bar seem to go and they make a lot of noise – I am on my third so far.

Apparently if this one goes they will ask for it back to check out!

Good service so far

footflaps

I wash the Dyson filters every few months. If you vacuum up a lot of fine powder e.g. cement powder, the filters block, but 10mins in the sink and they’re clean, they just take an age to dry…..

njee20
    Free Member

Henry FTW. Although ms njee20 made me buy a Hetty, which is just a girly pink Henry!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘VacuumCleanerTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.