Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vacant flat, alarm annoyance.
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

So the vacant flat below me has had some kind of alarm going off since about 4pm. It’s not a super loud fire/burgler alarm, just a constantly annoying ‘mini’ alarm. the building is owned by one landlord who is out of the country (of course). Any ideas on how to shut it up?
    I’ve tried turning off the power to that flat at the box in the communal hallway but to no avail. The girl that lived there until about a week ago had a token thingy for her electricity, I was thinking that maybe her ‘money’ has now run out and the alarm is something to do with the fire alarm for the whole building. Of which there is also a control panel in the communal hallway. It’s either that or some massive battery powered alarm clock 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Call the police.

poly
    Free Member

Call the police.

actually I believe it will normally be the noise nuisance team / environmental health at your local council who will deal with it. They should have someone on call 24/7 – but they will then need to weigh up whether it is worth disturbing a magistrate’s sleep to sign a warrant so you get sleep tonight; you may get a better response first thing tomorrow.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambourgie
    Free Member

It’s not that annoying. There’d have to be a sub-machine gun going off all night before I’d consider calling the plebs police.

Cheers though. It’s been a good excuse to play records loud 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Smoke alarm? Fire brigade…

nickjb
    Free Member

Possibly a battery smoke alarm going flat, or a battery backup to a mains alarm. Not much you can do about that except wait it out. Our neighbours alarm did that, while they were on holiday for a week. It was just a little ‘cheep’ every minute or so. Lasted the whole week, though

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Have a sniff around the door
    Can you smell rotting flesh ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Fridge door open?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vacant flat, alarm annoyance.’ is closed to new replies.