Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • V deep Chinese aero road wheelset. Any experience?
  • breninbeener

Hi, been looking for a deep tub rear wheel for road bike duties. The likes of Zipp seem a little rich for my blood. I have been looking at Chinese suppliers. Does anyone have any experience of this sort of 80mm deep road wheel from a recommended supplier?

breninbeener

I have been looking at Yishunbike……

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thing is you’re buying the wheel for aero performance so you want something that actually delivers on that. At least with zipp or one of the other well known brands you get proven performance (and lots of independent test reports too.) So depends on how important this is to you.

Having said that, a deep section will most likely still be better than a shallow one, and rear is less important than front. Get one of the more modern U shaped ones and you’ll probably not go far wrong. I’d probably look at FarSports or LB.

njee20
    Free Member

I have MTB rims from LB and road ones from FarSports. Both are excellent, road rims only 38mm, so can’t comment on aero performance, but would happily get deeper from them.

bensales
    Free Member

This is the forum to read…

Weight Weenies – Everything Wheels

breninbeener

Thanks all, in my ignorance i assumed a deep wheel was a generic item, or a copy of a proven design/shape. I will have to look a little deeper.

warton
    Free Member

80mm for a standard road bike is very deep indeed… that’s Time trial depth.

50 as a max for road bikes I would say

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘V deep Chinese aero road wheelset. Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.