Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • V-brakes on a 26" fork or a 700c wheel? Discuss…
  • bullheart
    Free Member

I have a Kona Dew frame that I’m trying to run with a Project 2 fork for a 26″ wheel. Basically I want the front end to drop a fair bit because I like the look, plus I’m using a a weeride for the little ‘un and I think it’ll be a bit better. The issue is that the Avid single digit v-brakes I have will not fit for a 700c wheel. So the questions are;

(1) Are there any v-brakes that have enough ‘adjustability’ to work effectively with a 26″ fork and 700c wheel?

(2) If not are there any 26″ forks out there that will fit the wheel and the brakes I want?

(3) Are there any other solutions?

Thank you STW hive mind

proffarnsworth
    Free Member

You’ll be wanting one of these:

Mavic brake adapter

bullheart
    Free Member

Now THAT’S why you’ve got a PHD!

Cheers!

cynic-al
    Free Member

no brake will do it, you need a 26″ fork.

link above is dead, may help

mav12
    Free Member

Iirc someone was selling a pair of these on here a while back

Keef
    Free Member

hey Bullheart,I’ve got one of these Mav adapters for sale,if you’re interested ?

bullheart
    Free Member

Keef,

How much would you be asking for such a princely item?

Keef
    Free Member

just mailed you matey !

wvcycling
    Free Member

Anybody else have one of these, or other methods? I’m wanting to use an older 26″ fork on my cross bike… Just for the heck of it, but the cantilever studs are 3″ from the rim’s brake contact area.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Check pauls components for brakes and also LDC (little dude components) make adaptors.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘V-brakes on a 26" fork or a 700c wheel? Discuss…’ is closed to new replies.