Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Utilita Energy – WTF??
  • ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

A couple weeks ago, I came to a letter from my gas & electric supplier saying they were sorry to be losing me as acustomer. WTF – news to me. So I call them, probably a mistake, they’ll deal with it. Fine. Tonight, another letter, nope, nothing they can do, bye. The company I’m moving to is called Utilita and I’ve never even heard of them. Look at the web site and they do pre-payment meters – not interested, been DD’ing for the last 15 years and happy to continue. How do i get rid of these parasites? Ofgen, CAB, solicitor or just head to their offices with a full bladder and a set of bombers?

hammerite
    Free Member

Call up Utilita and explain your position to them.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Do you live in a block of flats, or any other form of property where your meter is in close proximity to your neighbor?

Metering and electricity are managed by different companies, so we had this issue when our meter was wrongly registered to another property. Our neighbors were trying to move suppliers. Loads of fun to sort out.

nealglover
    Free Member
    ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Nearly 2 hrs pf phone calls later.. My supplier had contacted Utilita explaining the situation bu Utilita refused to release the switch because a”valid contract exists” for them to supply my power, in spite of my never even having heard of them far less discussing switching supplier. I call Utilita, explain that I don’t want and will not pay energy supplied by them, that their staff or agents are not to set foot on property etc, etc. That gets them investigating. Ahhh, it turns out that, where I live in house, no 53, someone in the flats across the road (no 52, a different postcode) with a different name was switching. Wrong name, address, postcode yet they still refused to hand the supply back until threatened with legal action. incompetent ****wits – be aware if you’re planning switching

jamj1974

They can’t transfer as they don’t have a valid contract.

matt_outandabout

We had similar with nPower who were randomly and arbitrarily transferring contracts between addresses and people.
    At the end of the day we ended up going to ombudsman. I suggest you report this utilita lot ASAP, as ombudsman does take note of these things.

BigJohn

You’ve told them not to supply do you don’t need to pay anything. Free gas & electricity.

fabs
    fabs

I think it used to be easier to hit suppliers with formal complaints before they dissolved energywatch. But this is competition/progress apparently.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Told you. Find out who manages your meter and phone them armed with your meter number. Find out if they have the details correct.

The next gag is when they fix the cock up, and you end up with number 52’s latest meter reading going into your account and a bill for £thousands.

Edit: if you don’t do this the chances are in two weeks you will get another letter when number 52 tries to swap again.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

We had similar with nPower who were randomly and arbitrarily transferring contracts between addresses and people.

Same happened to me about around 2001. A door-to-door salesman was told we were not interested in switching, and they switched us anyway. I replied to all bills explaining why I was refusing to pay. It took over 6 months to get changed back and I never paid for any power used during that time period. It was a complete PITA with threatening letters sent in both directions.

Turned out some of their salesmen faked signatures to hit their KPI’s. I think nPower got a roasting for it.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Same as BigEaredBijer however as soon as the transfer letter arrived we rang eON and they sorted it straight away. Was Scottish Power iirc that the cold callers were acting on behalf of. Never even spoke to the ‘new’ supplier as current (eON) sorted it. Never heard a thing from SPower again.

Coyote
    Free Member

Get on to the ombudsman. They are very good in my experience. Also, refuse to pay anything. There is no valid contract in place, you have not signed anything.

BigJohn

If I were you I’d contact OVO Energy right now and transfer your supply over to them.
    Great company to deal with and can do a sensible fixed rate.

Let me know if you decide to so I can refer you and we both get £50 for the introduction.

plyphon
    Free Member

If I were you I’d contact OVO Energy right now and transfer your supply over to them.
    Great company to deal with and can do a sensible fixed rate.

Let me know if you decide to so I can refer you and we both get £50 for the introduction.

😆

Stoner
    Free Member

Let me refer you to ovo and you can have the £50 and I’ll throw in a finger of fudge and a back rub! 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

I had the forcibly transferred to unheard of provider nonsense a few years ago. They couldn’t seem to understand I was never going to pay their invoices as I lived at a GF’s and the actual supplier to the property was being paid by her.

houndlegs
    Free Member

OP, did you get this sorted out? My father has just had the same with a supplier called Toto, claiming he’s transferring to them. He’s never heard of them let alone switched to them. I’ve got to go see him tomorrow, would be good if I can help him get it sorted.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

It looks like it. Emailed them telling them I would not under any circumstances be paying them anything, that any attempt to take money from my bank account would be treated as theft/fraud and reported to the police and that in the event of any interuptions to my power supply I’d move out to hotel and bill them for it. They responded with a compensation offer.
    Start with his current supplier though, they’ll want to keep the business and might sort thngs out

houndlegs
    Free Member

Thanks mate, I’ll pass that on to him tomorrow. They’re both mid 70’s now, and don’t need this crap now.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Utilita Energy – WTF??’ is closed to new replies.