Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • UST/Ghetto help/advise needed
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

Hello all, after a couple of weeks my new wheels (pro2/819) have finally been built! Last night I attempted to go tubeless:

I have UST Rims + Small Block 8 tires + stans

initially I couldn’t get them to pump up to save my life, then remembered the whole sealant thing many pumps later they were holding air ish…

I rotated the wheels round to find any holes as explained on many websites, the front seemed to be all ok, Then tried the rear, could hear a hole, found it tried to get the stans to seal it, it just squirted out over the floor, and then clotted… thought great! However then proceeded to pump it up to a more suitable pressure, to which the hole blew again. This continued so I decided to leave it on a lower pressure and see what happens over night.

Go down this morning both tires flat, it would appear the front wasn’t seated correctly so have re-pumped it up and seems to be ok…

The rear its the same hole, this time I left it clot and am hoping it’ll stay that way just need to dry up or something (is this how the sealant works?)

So my questions:

Non UST tires should work?

How big a hole does Stans seal?

If this hole is sealed and holds pressure should I worry that It might just burst again when at a higher pressure or when I go over a bump?
    What should I seal this hole with if it’s too big for Stans?

Hope some of your can help, don’t want to be embarrassed on my club right tomorrow!

chilli
    Free Member

If the hole won’t seal with the fluid,take the tyre off and patch the hole with a puncture repair patch (on the inside of the tyre :-)) the air pressure will keep it in place when you reinflate the tyre.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Thanks Chilli, Just the standard type of patch like you would use on a innertube?!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘UST/Ghetto help/advise needed’ is closed to new replies.