Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UST valve help
  • vacant80
    Free Member

Tried fitting some ust valves to my mavic crossmax wheels but they just don’t sit nicely in the inner rim. they sit awkwardly on the inner rim so that there is a good 1/2mm of space underneath for air to escape. the tyres will seal but it’s relying on the sealant to hold air in at the valve hole rather than the valve itself.
    is this normal or have i got the wrong valves??

cheers

tillydog
    Free Member

They need to sit nicely in the rim – Will they pull down if you tighten the valve retaining ring some more?

I’ve found the valves with the conical rubber seal seem to be easiest to get to fit (DT Swiss I gave up on, despite looking like they should fit really well).

vincienup
    Free Member

Don’t Crossmaxes need those Mavic valves with the stepped rectangular base, not the usual Stans style ones with the rubber bung?

jam-bo

^^^

That’s what I think mine have got

Garry_Lager

Do the UST valves still have that substantial dimpled locknut? Used to be an absolute bastard for corroding onto the valve stem – a few folk have had long walks after a puncture on that account. Years since I’ve used them, mind.

nickc

there’s a really small o-ring that comes with the valves that can help seal the gap you’re describing.

wwaswas

as above – the rectangular based ones are what you need – or just trim the round ones so they have the right profile.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep, the Mavic ones have a rectangular base.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UST valve help’ is closed to new replies.