Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • UST conti tyres on flow rims – having trouble getting tubeless
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

My usual technique is inflate with a tube, remove tube leaving one wall on the rim etc etc

I’m not getting past this first stage, I inflate with a tube, remove tube and the tyre pings off the rim as I’m inserting the tubeless valve.

Anyone got a tip for this? I’ve done loads of different tyres and never experienced this before. I’m trying a UST mountain king and a UST rubber queen and both are doing it.

Maybe I’m not leaving them inflated by tube for long enough? Only a few minutes.

br
    Free Member

Warm tyres first in a hot bath?

But a compressor usually works for me.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I had problems sealing Protection X-Kings (and used the tube method you describe). Never had any problems with UST Contis…

What pressure are you blowing up to with the tube in? And are you lubing the bead?

slowrider
    Free Member

I had this with contis. Rode them for a couple of days with tubes then took them off and used washing up liquid. Worked a treat. Hot bath sounds worth a try too.

votchy
    Free Member

Fitted UST RQ’s straight out of the box, soapy water on bead, seated using ghetto inflator, removed valve core, insert required jizz, reseat with ghetto inflator, once seated inflate to approx 35psi (leave pump attached to ghetto inflator) slide tube off valve and put finger over valve to stop air escaping, remove finger and quickly screw valve core back in, top back up to 35psi, do the funky jizz dance then adjust pressure accordingly – happy days 😀

banks
    Free Member

Bead into the middle of rim
    Valve core off
    Pump like ****
    Insert jizz via valve hole
    Screw in valve
    Pump like ****

No soap or owt, worked for a me everytime (tempting fate now)

Ust rubber queen/maxxis here

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’ve not got a compressor or ghetto inflator, never needed one before today.
    I’ll try once more. I’ll put some fairy on the beads, leave them inflated to 50psi near the log burner and see if it helps.Otherwise I’ll ride tomorrow with tubes and see if that helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘UST conti tyres on flow rims – having trouble getting tubeless’ is closed to new replies.