Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UST 29er mud tyre – who makes a good one ?
  • scaredypants

or even just "who makes one"

For front of my winter bike which mostly goes through bogs, other than when it goes over really sharp gravel (hence tubeless). Don't want super-light, I'd rather a beefy carcass 😳 . Do need decent grip on mud though

??

Ta

(yeh, I do know it's summer)

clubber
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X?

scaredypants

that's a good answer clubber, cheers – they new ? (was sure I'd looked before – ie last winter)

clubber
    Free Member

No, don't think so – I'm only just building up a 29er now but since they're my 26" tyre of choice for the winter (and actually most of the year since they work pretty well even in the dry), I did check that they're available in 29" size.

oddjob
    Free Member

I have some kenda navegals which were great, but since I changed wheels to Stans Arch, they won't go on at all. Good in the muc though.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

+1 for Bonty Mud-X thet grip like buggery in the slop

Shackleton

Another for Mud-X. Can't think of any other tubeless (ready) mud tyre but mine have been running for 6 months on Arch rims without any mishaps in the mud and rock of Northumberland. The 2.0 seems a very capable all round tyre to be honest although a bit skinny for a rigid front end. For that I use a 2.4 mountain king (also tubeless) and it is a brilliant combo.

Clink

Mud-x here too, but bit skinny for front. I've used wtb Stout up front with great success all winter – not tried it tubeless though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UST 29er mud tyre – who makes a good one ?’ is closed to new replies.